Monday, August 21, 2017

Choice of The Gold Digger, The Spinister and the Cowboy, Christmas Confusion or Charlsey's Accountant by Lena Nelson Dooley ends August 28th

 Welcome Lena! It's good to have you back on my blog. Lena is giving away choice of one of her books listed below in audio format to some lucky winner so be sure to read on down to see how to enter. Don't forget to leave your email address and let me know if you are a feedburner follower for an extra entry. And if you'd like to receive an extra entry follow me through feedburner on the sidebar and let me know.

My latest novel, A Heart’s Gift, became a finalist in the Faith, Hope, and Love Readers Choice Award in the Long Historical category. I had entered that contest, formerly the Inspirational Christian Readers Choice award, several times, but I never finaled before. I praised the Lord for giving me this special gift. Anytime I win an award, I know it comes from Him. I didn’t expect to win, because the other two books finalists were from Bethany Publishing. Most Christian fiction writers want to be published by Bethany. And my book is an agent-assisted independently published book.


I knew the week when the Romance Writers of America national conference would be in late July. I didn’t check to see what days. I guess I assumed it would be like the American Christian Fiction Writers conference, Thursday through Sunday.

On Thursday morning of that week, I received a call from the contest coordinator. When I heard who it was, I had the quick thought. She must need to ask me a question.

Then she said, “I don’t know if you’ve heard about the winners from last night.”

I felt like a bell went off in my head and this thought chased it. They don’t call the losers.

Quickly, I asked her, “You’re not calling me to tell me I won, are you?”

She assured me she was, and I burst out crying. The rest of that day, I was either laughing or crying. Another very special blessing from God.

Have you ever had something extra special happen to you unexpectedly? Please tell us about it.

Do you like to read marriage-of-convenience stories? Or suspense novels?

This book contains both. We’ve lowered the price of the print book and the Kindle book, and they will remain lower until September 1.

I will give away a copy of your choice of one of these audio books: The Gold Digger, The Spinster and the Cowboy, Christmas Confusion, or Charlsey’s Accountant.

You can check them out here:


About Lena:
Multi-published author Lena Nelson Dooley has had more than 875,000 copies of her books sold. She is a member of ACFW and the local chapter, ACFW - DFW. She’s a member of Christian Authors’ Network and Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.

She has been on the ECPA and CBA Bestseller lists, Publisher’s Weekly bestseller list, and several Amazon Bestseller lists as well as a reviewers’ Top Ten Books of 2011. She has won a dozen awards.

She hosts “The Lena Nelson Dooley Show” on the Along Came a Writer blog radio network.

Links:
Blogtalk Radio, The Lena Nelson Dooley Show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/along-came-a-writer/
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lena,

    I have been honored to read and review two of your books, which I love both.
    I would love to listen to the `Christmas Confusion`. moma3homeschool(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Michelle. It's good to see you here. CHRISTMAS CONFUSION is a fun contemporary novel.

      Delete
  2. The unexpected extra special thing that happened to me is my hubby found me on FB after 30 years. We used to go to church together and had met through his sister. I enjoy both marriage of convenience and suspense. Thank you for the chance. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I love the story about how you re-met your husband.

      Delete
  3. It's always good to read about Lena and her books. Lena, I am so happy that your book won. Debbie, I follow you by Feed Burner.
    Thank you and Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I'm glad you like my books. Thanks for telling me. An author never gets tired of hearing that.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Debbie, for having me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Heart's Gift sold me with the lovely cover. Thank you for sharing to learn more about Lena Nelson Dooley.

    Debbie, I'm a burnfeeder follower. marilynridgway78 [at]gmail[dot[com

    ReplyDelete