Monday, July 10, 2017

My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island by Carrie Fancett Pagels ends July 17







Where’s Maude? Why Does it Matter?

I’ve been having some fun up here in Mackinaw City, Michigan, and on Mackinaw Island, taking pictures of the cover of my new novel, My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude’s Mooring! I’m so excited about showing off my new “book baby” because God has helped transform her from a problem child into a lovely young miss! Only God could have done that with this manuscript which gave me fits. A few years ago, I prayed that the Lord would show me what to do with this manuscript and I stepped out in obedience to Him and got a lot of help. I told the Lord – this story is Yours but I need some help! If You want to see it published, You are going to have to show me what to do! And He did! 


 I’ve been taking pictures of different people, and myself and friends and family, holding either the book or a postcard of the cover. You see, only God could have put this story out there and I pray this novel will really bless people. I used to love that “Where’s Waldo” game and my nephew and I used to look through the picture books to find Waldo. Sadly, my nephew left this earth too early, this April shortly before his 42nd birthday, and is in heaven. But playing “Where’s Maude” makes that sadness a little easier to bear. 


Learning from friends that copies of Maude’s Mooring can be found at Barnes & Noble stores all over the country matters to me because once again, it shows what God can do with something when you turn it over to Him.  The members of the Avid Christian Fiction Readers on Facebook (a group moderated by Martha Artymenko and Tricia Goyer) have been a big blessing to me in telling me which B&N’s in their areas had the book (or not.) It matters when you have placement in a store, because readers can more easily get their hands on the book. And this is my first novel where the Lord has given me that kind of favor. It’s amazing what can happen when you get on board with His agenda even if it means humbling yourself and getting lots of guidance.

Question: Have you ever had a situation when you couldn’t get something accomplished and God showed you what to do? Did it feel good to give Him the glory when He helped you?

Giveaway: An autographed copy of My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude’s Mooring (USA only).




Bio – Carrie Fancett Pagels, Ph.D.

ECPA-bestselling author Carrie Fancett Pagels, Ph.D., is the award-winning author of a dozen Christian historical romances. Twenty-five years as a psychologist didn't "cure" her overactive imagination! A self-professed “history geek,” she resides with her family in the Historic Triangle of Virginia but grew up as a “Yooper.” Carrie loves to read, bake, bead, and travel – but not all at the same time! You can connect with her at www.CarrieFancettPagels.com.




Links to purchase:
Links to purchase My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island: Maude’s Mooring (Barbour Publishing, July 2017)

 

33 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm in that situation now. We truly desire to sell our home and this is our third or fourth time trying to sell it. I feel as if the sale will be God's blessing if and when it happens. Thanks for the post. It's good to know that some book babies are harder to birth than others!
    bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Connie! Praying for God's blessing on your home sale! Yes, some book babies are harder to birth!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for having me on your blog, Debbie Lynne! You're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really sounds like a wonderful book. when our daughter was a teenager she created a situation that my husband and I had no idea how to handle. no one seemed to. the only thing we could think of was to totally give it to the Lord. Seems like prayed for months, but it was in actuality only a few days and the Blessed Lord gave us the answer. What a time of learning to trust and obey.
    quilting dash lady at Comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my husband has been at deaths door at least three times with heart attacks in our 46 years of marriage. God answered the many prayers I have prayed and yes, he gets all the glory for getting me through those times and he continues to help me be a care taker to my husband after three back surgeries, the first of which got infected and he was in a medically induced coma for seven days. Without God, my prayers and the prayers of several prayer chains, I made it through these times.

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was packing to move after the rental house I lived in was sold out from under me and the new owners, a local hospital, were having the house demolished for the land and I was feeling overwhelmed, crying and ready to give up when a shadow blotted out the sun in my open front doorway. It was my Bishop from church and he asked if I needed help. He organized several volunteers from church to help me finish packing and moved to my new place of residence. I knew that Heavenly Father sent him at a time I needed Him most. He gets all the praise and glory. As an afterthought, the reason I was so overwhelmed is because the house was being taken apart while I still lived in it. GGGRRRR!!!
    princessdebbie1_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A recent time when I know God answered my prayers may seem trivial, but I recognized God immediately. My daughter lost her driving permit at her aunt's house. We searched and it was not inside or the backyard. Then I just "happened" to walk down the street and the permit blew right to my feet. Amazing! Instant answer from God. I praised Him immediately and thanked God for guiding my feet that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lord helps me daily. I am a small group leader for an online Bible study. I never have the words to say to my ladies, but after a moment of prayer the words just flow out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I dk what I would do without the Lord!

      Delete
  8. I didn't get married until I was 41 years old. At some point , I think it was around age 30, I had to let go and tell God ' I'm certainly not having any luck finding a husband on my own, if it is your will that I marry you are going to have to work a miracle' . It took quite a few more years, but he finally brought the right man along!

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTL Patty that God brought you your husband!

      Delete
  9. Our daughter recently has been going through some tough health issues, and it has been really hard for her and our whole family. Each time that it seems that the stress and frustration of it all gets overwhelming, God continues to bring some kind of encouragement along and shows He is in control and working. I am so thankful we have the Lord!!! I don't know how people in this world survive without Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Debbie, I forgot to mention I am a Feedburner follower of your blog :)

      Delete
    2. God keeps bringing me through tough health issues too. He is good!

      Delete
  10. Completely! Last year when I was planning my trip to Vancouver, hubby and I had been saving for months, & had managed to purchase our plane tickets, passports, and a number of other things we would need. But the clock was ticking, we were on the hook for a lot of unrefundable money, and we just weren't able to figure out where to pull what we needed from our budget. In a dream, God reminded me that I could borrow from my 401(k), as long as I was a wise steward of the money. Within a matter of days, I had exactly what I needed, and just enough time to order a few travel necessities before our trip! I definitely give God the glory, because otherwise we would never have made it, and He sent me the message that I was to go in the first place!

    trdivincenzo (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is neat how the Lord communicated with you!

      Delete
  11. Maude is a lovely young lady who has gotten around quite a bit!!!
    Mackinac Island is my little taste of Heaven as it should be!!!
    I loved Maude and Ben's story!! Carrie you have done a fabulous job in bringing them back to life and making me feel as if I were right there on my slice of Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maude takes her Tired Old Mommy around! I love Mackinac Island too! So glad we brought you back here Lori!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for this post,Carrie and Debbie Lynne! It's been fun keeping track of Maude! I've been in the situation of giving my problem to God when I was being foreclosed on, Couldn't find a job or place to live until I put it into his hands. Happy to say he provided for me in a much better way than I ever could have by myself! Thanks for the giveaway,looking forward to reading this story! lynnefeuerstein(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad God provided for you Lynne especially since you are a Prayer Warrior!

      Delete
  13. I can't really think of anything specific at the moment, but when God gives the solution, it's always the right one! And I've always given Him the glory & praise for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I forgot to say thank you for the giveaway! I'm loving all the FB posts of the postcards of Maude :-)

      teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband got placed in Boston, MA for a 6 month internship. I had to stay behind in MN to work, take care of our 3 young children and hold fown the fort. I didn't know we would do it or how we would survive but God was leading the whole time and He took us right through it even teaching me to find joy in all of it before my husband came back home. He brought about developing this tremendous inner strength within me that just amazes me and I can only say that it's from Him. I couldn't have done it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is elise(underscore)jehan(at)yahoo(dot)com

      Delete
  16. We were fortunate to have been able to stay on Mackinac Island for two nights a few years ago. It is such a beautiful place. I was looking for a church to join and God led me to a church that I love! The church family makes me feel so loved!
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad the Lord blessed you like that !

      Delete
  17. Yes, there was a time I was facing a deadline and so many unexpected events kept my attention elsewhere. Thankfully after praying and asking God to intervene everything fell in place and I meet the deadline in plenty of time. God is always faithful and I'm so thankful we can call on His name at all times.

    marilynridgway78 [at] gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  18. In our simple life, love plays a very specific role. Now we are able to make your love life healthy and no space for any type of trouble. These all are possible with the help of EKPEN TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. You can also contact him on EKPENTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or add him on WHATSAPP +2347050270218 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

    ReplyDelete