Monday, April 10, 2017

The Author and Finisher of my faith by Toni Shiloh




Please welcome Toni Shiloh to my blog this week. Toni is the President of the ACFW Virginia chapter.

When I first sat down to write a dedication page, I decided I wanted to dedicated the book to my Lord and Savior. After all, He’s the reason I write. I carefully prayed about what I wanted it to say. Then, it came down for me to pick the dedication of my second book. That is when I decided I wanted to keep the same dedication for every book I plan on writing. My dedication page reads, “To the Author and Finisher of my faith.”

It’s inspired by the verse in Hebrews 12:1-2, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God” (KJV).

Writing is a gift that I recognize comes from God. It’s the only explanation on why I can sit down in front of my laptop and just type. I don’t plan the words that come out, because I’m a pantser and not a plotter. I simply have an idea and seek God’s guidance on the rest.

Writing is a gift that I have fully surrendered to God. I don’t want to ever take credit for this gift. Instead, I seek to honor and glorify the Lord with the words He places in my heart. I desire for every person who reads my book to see Him fully and in a new light. It’s the reason I write regardless if my writing is going smoothly.

Because of course, I get those moments where I’m not sure what to write next. Or I read that book review, I probably shouldn’t, because now it’s all I can focus on. Or perhaps, I’m comparing myself to another writer I believe is better at this than me.

If I didn’t surrender my gift of writing, I’m sure I would have remained paralyzed and never put words to paper. But I believe, because I surrendered this gift and asked God to help me glorify Him, that He blessed me. It’s the only explanation that makes since. How else have I been able to publish two stories, have contracts for two more, and have four others waiting for their entry into the world? It’s not by my strength, but His.

Have you surrendered your gift? How has God blessed you in the process?



A Proxy Wedding coming April 29th in A Spring of Weddings

Carly James values loyalty and friendship above all. So when her best friend calls asking her to be a proxy bride, she says, ‘yes.’ How hard can it be to say ‘I do’ so that her best friend can be with the one she loves? Only, Carly never counted on the feelings that began to swirl around with the proxy groom.

Damien Nichols likes life lined up from A to Z, but when his best friend calls in a favor, disorder begins to reign. Instead of taking a quick flight to the proxy wedding, he has to take a road trip with the proxy bride. Carly’s free-spirit attitude bumps heads with his meticulous approach to life. As Damien discovers the woman underneath the carefree fa├žade, his emotions become involved.

Will love become real at A Proxy Wedding?
 

Will money ruin everything?
Nina Warrenton is ready for the next step in her life plan—marriage, but there is one problem. No one has proposed! Taking matters into her hand, she places an ad in the newspaper hoping to entice a willing stranger. But when she begins to fall for the small-town chef, she realizes how much she wants him to love her and not her money.

Dwight Williams needs fast cash to save the family restaurant. When he sees Nina’s monetary offer for a husband, he goes for it. He’s determined to save the legacy his dad left him, but can he let it go to prove his love for her?

Can Nina and Dwight find true love, once money has entered the equation?






ABOUT TONI:
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness. 
 
She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and the president of the ACFW Virginia Chapter.

You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.weebly.com

Links: Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/toni-Shiloh/e/B00UITVEDA/
Website: http://tonishiloh.weebly.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authortonishiloh
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ToniShiloh
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/tonishiloh
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/tonishiloh
Bookbub: www.bookbub.com/authors/toni-shiloh
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonishiloh
Blogs I’m part of: http://puttingonthenew.com ; http://heartwingsblog.com ; http://diversitybetweenthepages.wordpress.com ; www.acfwvirginia.com/blog

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, a beautiful testimony shared here on The Sword and Spirit. We are should give more dedication to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, as he is the Author and Finisher of our faith. I must read your books soon. I need a month of vacation just to read. LOL God bless you. Easter blessings.
    Debbie, thank you for featuring Toni today. An uplifting and encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn!
      I could certainly use a month of vacation to just read. My TBR pile seems to grow faster than I can read a book, lol. Easter blessings to you! He is Risen!!

      Delete
  3. Toni Shiloh writes the best stories. She is such a sweet person. Toni shows God's love each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa! I pray I continue to show God's love each and every day.

      Delete
  4. I really like your dedication page. That's one of my favorite verses, too! If something fits, stick with it! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni! Very encouraging! I love that you are keeping the same dedication page in all your books! Your novella sounds great! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete