Monday, January 16, 2017

The Saboteur By Susan Page Davis ends January 20th



Please Welcome Susan to my blog. Susan is giving away a copy of her book, The Saboteur. Leave a comment telling Susan why this book sounds good to you for a chance to win. Don't forget to leave your email address. And as always let us know if you are a Feed Burner follower for an extra entry. Good luck!
 
The Saboteur
By Susan Page Davis


I’ve written a lot of historical novels lately, and several cozy mysteries, but romantic suspense was always a favorite of mine, both for reading and writing. It’s been a few years since I put out a contemporary romantic suspense book, and I decided it was high time. This was so much fun, I hope to be publishing a whole new series in the genre soon.
Here, for your enjoyment, is the first page of The Saboteur:


Debra Griffin turned her face into the breeze as she pumped gas into the tank of her forest green Sentra. Pale green leaves were just unfurling on the big maple tree at the edge of the parking lot. Another fleeting Maine summer was on the way. The sun warmed her skin, and she wrinkled her nose as the gas fumes rose around her.
Behind her, the door to the convenience store closed, and she turned her head slightly. A young man hurried toward the Jeep Cherokee parked on the other side of the pumps. He pulled off a knit cap, and she thought he was overdressed for the warm spring day. His tousled brown hair eclipsed the goatee he was growing. He glanced toward her, and their eyes met for an instant. Debra turned away, not liking his sharp expression.
The Jeep started, and he pulled out of the lot onto the main road through town, driving swiftly away to the south. Massachusetts license plate, Debra noted. That figured. An early tourist. They always thought it was chilly.
She replaced the hose in its niche on the pump. Every week when she was at home, she bought gas at Farnham’s. The small general store had somehow survived on the edge of the city of Rushton, catering to people who had lived in the area for many years. Debra entered the little emporium, which sold everything from stovepipe to cappuccino, and was surprised that Belinda was not behind the counter.
She stood for a moment uncertainly, perusing the displays of small items on the counter. Lollipops, fudge, “penny candy” that sold for a dime, Maine key rings, Slim Jims, and bookmarks. Behind the counter was a lottery ticket dispenser and a rack of cigarette cartons. No other customers were in the store.
Debra turned around and called heartily, “Hey, B’linda! Where are you?”
“Back here!” came her friend’s voice, from the office at the back corner of the store. Debra walked swiftly through the aisles of Band-aids and tube socks.
“It was a guy in a black Jeep,” Belinda said as Debra entered the tiny office.
Belinda put her hand over the telephone receiver. “Sorry, Deb, we’ve been robbed.”
 


Debra Griffin takes a job at the local police station as secretary to the detective sergeant, Michael Van Sant. Michael is trying to learn who wants to sabotage his unit, and Debra is soon caught up in his hush-hush investigation—while she tries not to fall head over heels for her boss. But danger is nearer than she thinks. When she confronts the saboteur, Mike and his detectives race against the clock. But is one of the men he trusted trying to get Debra out of the way and bring them down?







ABOUT SUSAN: Susan Page Davis is the author of more than 60 novels and novellas in the historical romance, mystery, and suspense genres. She is the mother of six and grandmother of ten. A Maine native, she now lives in western Kentucky with her husband Jim. Visit her website at: www.susanpagedavis.com.
Find Susan at:


Twitter: @SusanPageDavis

Buy kindle: http://amzn.to/2iuHyy8

21 comments:

  1. Wow. I love intrigue. Sounds right up my alley! paulamarys(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula again. Oops my email is missing something here goes again: paulamarys49(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You grabbed me and pulled me in this first page for sure! I would love to read more! mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! You grabbed me and pulled me in this first page for sure! I would love to read more! mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot)net. I am a feedburner follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book. My son used to be a policeman and I love reading police stories.
    I am a feedburner follower.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love romantic suspense and can't wait to read The Saboteur!

    I am a blog follower.
    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all! The setting for this book is a fictional town in the area where I lived most of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I didn't say where that is! Central Maine. I live in western Kentucky now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Romance and suspense....what's not to love. I'm your neighbor, Susan, as I live in WV. Thank you for the chance.
    leliamae54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love suspense (just as much as historical), this sounds intriguing! Susan, I didn't know you also wrote in this genre, how fun :-) Thanks for the chance to win a copy of The Saboteur!

    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
    I'm also a feedburner follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trixi. I actually have several romantic suspense books. You can see them all on my www.susanpagedavis.com/romantic-suspense.

      Delete
  12. Would love win! I've enjoyed reading some of your books. jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Susan and Britney! Great to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Saboteur sounds so intriguing and a book I would enjoy reading. Thank you for sharing. marilynridgway78[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh.My.Word! The Saboteur sounds intriguing. I enjoy reading romantic suspense!

    psalm103and138 at gmail dot com I'm a Feedburner follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mystery, suspense, romance....The Saboteur sounds right up my alley!! Thanks for the opportunity of this giveaway! ~ Alison

    I am a Feedburner follower :)

    nj(dot)bossman(at)gmail(dot)com

    I

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan, your books are great and our church library readers love them.
    Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear that, Janet! You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. And the winner is Alison (agboss). I will contact you. Thank you ALL for taking part in the discussion.

    ReplyDelete