Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Choice of Warmed Mulled Kisses or April's Love ends June 1



Please welcome Lena Nelson Dooley to my blog this week. Lena is giving away a  winner's choice of either WARM MULLED KISSES or the April fool's book.  Read on down to find out how to enter.

Hey, Readers, last year was kind of a lost year for me, because I had lots of physical problems. Praise the Lord, I’m almost like new now.

And I praise the Lord that after that long time away, He has really brought projects to me. In October, I was the publisher of a novella collection written by members of my critique group. A Christmas novella, Warm Mulled Kisses. It’s only on Kindle, but it’s also only $.99 for ten novellas. If you don’t own a Kindle, you can download any of these for FREE:

Kindle for PC
Kindle for iPhone
Kindle for Andriod
Kindle for Blackberry
Kindle for tablets

Then you can read Kindle books.

In late March, we published another novella collection written by authors from my critique group. April Fool’s Love. This book is also $.99 for ten novella’s.


Both of these books have been very close to the top of Amazon’s bestseller lists.

I got the rights back to Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico. The publisher didn’t put it on sale very much, so it was too expensive for lots of people to buy. I did some minor editing, no more than 100 words, and it’s been republished through Hartline Literary Agency and Amazon, both Create Space for print and Kindle for ebooks.

The Kindle edition is $2.99 or Free if you’re a Kindle Unlimited subscriber.
The print edition is $8.99 much more affordable than before.

Right now, I have another novel, one that hasn’t been published yet, with Beta readers. When it comes back from them it will be published through Hartline Literary Agency and Amazon, both Create Space for print and Kindle for ebooks.

A Heart’s Gift is the first 98,000 word novel I’ve written. We’ll let you know when it releases.


















GIVEAWAY:
Answer one of the questions to be entered to win. If you've read any of Lena's books tell us which is your favorite and why? Which of Lena's books sounds like your kind of book and why? Or ask Lena a question. Don't forget to leave your email addy.

About Lena:
Award-winning author Lena Nelson Dooley has had more than 850,000 copies of her books sold. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and the local chapter, ACFW - DFW. She’s a member of Christian Authors’ Network and Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.

She has been on both the CBA Bestseller list and several Amazon Bestseller lists. Her 2010 release Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico, from Summerside Press, won the 2011 Will Rogers Medallion Award for excellence in publishing Western Fiction. Her next series, McKenna’s Daughters: Maggie’s Journey appeared on a reviewers Top Ten Books of 2011 list. It also won the 2012 Selah award for Historical Novel. The second, Mary’s Blessing, was a Selah Award finalist for Romance novel. Catherine’s Pursuit released in 2013. It was the winner of the NTRWA Carolyn Reader’s Choice contest, took second place in the CAN Golden Scroll Novel of the Year award, and won the Will Rogers Medallion bronze medallion. Her blog, A Christian Writer’s World, received the Readers Choice Blog of the Year Award from the Book Club Network.

In addition to her writing, Lena is a frequent speaker at women’s groups, writers groups, and at both regional and national conferences. She has spoken in six states and internationally. She is also one of the co-hosts of the Along Came a Writer blog radio show.

Lena has an active web presence on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Linkedin and with her internationally connected blog where she interviews other authors and promotes their books.

15 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Lena's books but I read her blog every day and I am always amazed with her ability to talk with the different featured authors. She encourages, informs and always glorifies God in these posts.
    Thank you Debbie for this giveaway and this interview. Lena, I am glad that your health issues have improved!
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, it's good to see you here. I'm glad you like my blog. I love introducing readers to authors they don't know.

      Delete
  2. My Goodreads list shows I've read a couple of Lena's books and liked them but it's been a couple of years and I don't remember them! jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joan. I'm glad you liked them. Maybe you'll win one on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read Lena's books, but would love to. Thank you for the chance. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of Lena's books but Love is Patient is on my to be read list. After reviewing a list of her books on Goodreads, I would like to read the book, Spinster Brides of Cactus Corner. The title immediately attracted me and the description hooked me. I have added it to my
    to-be-read list on Goodreads.

    I would like to ask Lena what prompted her to receive the rights to her book Love Finds You In Golden, Colorado back?

    I also read Lena's blog and enjoy her interview style.

    Thank you for this opportunity to win one of her books.

    phoneticpanda at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a follower of your blog on Feedburner Debbie

      phoneticpanda at gmail dot com

      Delete
    2. I am a follower of your blog on Feedburner Debbie

      phoneticpanda at gmail dot com

      Delete
    3. Kathy, several things were part of the reason I got my rights back. The print book was out of print. The publishing company had been bought by someone else and a couple of years later they closed this line. During all of that process, some things were done on the other end that broke parts of the contract. So I asked for the rights back. I wanted to publish the book under this new title, with a few revisions (less than 100 words), and I wanted the price for both the print book and the ebook more affordable.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of Lena's books but Love is Patient is on my to be read list. After reviewing a list of her books on Goodreads, I would like to read the book, Spinster Brides of Cactus Corner. The title immediately attracted me and the description hooked me. I have added it to my
    to-be-read list on Goodreads.

    I would like to ask Lena what prompted her to receive the rights to her book Love Finds You In Golden, Colorado back?

    I also read Lena's blog and enjoy her interview style.

    Thank you for this opportunity to win one of her books.

    phoneticpanda at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not read Lena's stories. Lena, what is the most interesting fact you came across during your research?
    Thank you for the giveaway.

    psalm103and138 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caryl, while I was researching for MARY'S BLESSING, book 2 in my McKenna's Daughters Series, I found a picture of some people training white long-haired goats to pull a sled in the streets of Portland Oregon. They were going to take them to Alaska to pull sleds there. I couldn't find anywhere about whether they were successful in Alaska. I did, however, put the event in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Joan! You won. Lena will be contacting you shortly.

    ReplyDelete