Monday, March 28, 2016

The Cowboy's Bride by Susan Page Davis ends April 4th



Welcome, Susan! So glad to have you back on my blog. Susan is giving away a copy of her book, The Cowboy's Bride (paperback or ebook) to one lucky winner. Read on down to find out how to enter.


Poetry on the Plains

A rancher’s daughter who dreams, a cowboy whose poetry is terrible, and a dog that does tricks. What could go wrong?
Before writing this novella, I had researched Larry Chittenden, “the Poet Ranchman,” and his connection to my home state of Maine. It got me to thinking about the cowboy poetry genre. Here’s a link to the blog I did on Chittenden’s autograph lending library in Christmas Cove, Maine: http://www.hhhistory.com/2013/12/the-autograph-library.html .

I needed to write a light romance, and I decided to incorporate cowboys and poetry, as well as a pet. I don’t often include pets in my stories, although westerns, of course, include lots of horses. This time I decided to add a dog and give him an important role in the story.

The result is a light-hearted adventure in the Old West, with a subtle message about the importance of expressing your love to family members and your appreciation to those around you. Because of the ribbing the hero takes from his fellow cowboys, there’s also a reminder of the damage done by bullying, even “in fun.”

I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. 




Every month on the 23rd day, Susan blogs at www.hhhistory.com About Susan 
Susan Page Davis is the author of more than sixty Christian novels and novellas, which have sold more than 1.5 million copies. Her historical novels have won numerous awards, including the Carol Award, the Will Rogers Medallion for Western Fiction, and the Inspirational Readers’ Choice Contest. She has also been a finalist in the More than Magic Contest and Willa Literary Awards. Susan lives in western Kentucky with her husband, Jim. She’s the mother of six and grandmother of ten.
Contact info:
Website: www.susanpagedavis.com
Twitter: @SusanPageDavis
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/susanpagedavisauthor
 

To enter to win Susan's book answer one of the following questions and don't forget to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win and let me know if you follow this blog for an extra entry.

1) What blog does Susan blog on the 23rd of each month?

2) If you've visited the above blog, tell us something you like about the blog or something you've learned from it.

3) If you follow the blog in the first question or start following it today let us know know for another extra entry! Here is the link if you want to follow it.

Blurb for the featured book:

The Cowboy’s Bride: Ride onto the open range

alongside cowboys and cowgirls who embrace the adventures of living in the Old West from Kansas to New Mexico, Colorado to Texas. Whether rounding up cattle or mustangs, training horses, fending off outlaws, weathering storms, competing in rodeos, or surviving drought these cowboys work hard each day. But when hardheaded men have their weaknesses exposed by well-meaning women will they stampede away or will a lasting love develop? Find out in this exciting collection of nine historical romances. Susan’s novella is “The Cowboy Poet.”

Link to Amazon to view this book:
The Cowboy’s Bride: http://amzn.to/1T3BjAa

22 comments:

  1. 1. www.hhhistory.com
    3. I love chocolate and reading about the history has only sweeten my love for this confection.

    kimdukes@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan blogs at www.hhhistory.com which I am signed up at. What I love about that blog are the many historical facts and learning about the wonderful historical books as well. I also subscribe to Debbie's blog.I have read many books by Susan Page Davis and I have been really looking forward to reading The Cowboy's Bride. Thank you for he giveaway opportunity!
    Cnnamongirl at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan blogs on Heroes, Heroines, and History (HHH).

    I have been a follower of that blog and this one for a long time now.

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan blogs and Heroes, Heroines and History! I am a follower. That was too easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops and my email is bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

      Delete
  5. Heros, Heroines and History. www.hhhistory.com. jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan blogs on Heroes, Heroines, and History (HHH) and I've been following it! I love that blog for all the information I can learn. There's always something new! Just love it, especially for a history fan!

    justcommonly[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.hhhistory.com spotts06ATcomcastDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan blogs on hhhistory.com
    Today there was an article about chocolate. Yum.
    I follow that blog as well as yours.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan blogs on the 23rd of each month at www.hhhistory.com. I follow this blog by e-mail. I also signed up to follow Susan's blog. d[dot]brookmyer[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan blogs at www.hhhistory.com. I enjoy following this blog and learning interesting historical facts. Today's chocolate article was so yummy! I'm looking forward to reading this collection!

    psalm103and138 at gmail dot com I'm also a feedburner follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan contributes to the Heroes, Heroines and History blog and I receive it by email newsletter. I am a history lover and I never fail to learn something from each post.
    Debbie, I also follow you.
    Thanks for this giveaway.
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. She blogs on the 23rd at http://www.hhhistory.com/ I Like the background and cover photo and the stories are interesting I Follow the blog now and my email is iamabho (at) gmail.com Thanks for the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feedburner follower of yours also

      Delete
  13. Susan blogs at www.hhhistory.com. I just started following the blog today. Thank you so much!!

    mbarri7@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan blogs on Heroes, Heroines, and History on the 23rd of each month. I am now a follower of the hhhistory.com blog and found the article on chocolate very sweet. Pun intended. :)
    princessdebbie1_2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan blogs on Heroes, Heroines, and History, I've seen her articles! I've been following the blog for a while and one of my favorite posts is the one about side saddles!
    betherin02 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan blogs at www.hhhistory.com
    I do follow the blog, and I guess it's hit or miss with me. If I find the topic interesting and have the time I will read them, or save the post to read later.

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her blog is www.hhhistory.com
    We have Susan's books in the church library.
    Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. And the winner is ... Deanne Patterson! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete