Friday, February 19, 2016

WITH MARYLU TYNDALL--IT'S TIME TO FALL IN LOVE


Today you'll get a peek into MaryLu Tyndall's new release, Charity's Cross. I love the spiritual message in Charity's Cross because it's something that we have either faced ourselves or someone we know has. So please welcome my dear friend and awesome author, MaryLu Tyndall.


MEME
In my new release, Charity's Cross, the heroine married a man who ended up abusing her both physically and emotionally. Although he was quite charming during their courtship, there were hints of his underlying cruel nature that Charity chose to ignore. Why? She was desperate to leave home where in her mind she'd suffered an unhappy childhood. She also longed for wealth, title, and status--things she never had growing up as a poor Admiral's daughter. So, despite the warnings of her family and her inner uneasiness, she married him. When the abuse started, she cried out to God to help her, to deliver her, but no answer came. In fact, the abuse only got worse, and Charity blamed God and turned away from Him.

Part of the reason I wrote this story was because I see so many Christians doing the same exact thing. Something goes wrong in their life, some tragedy, and they are quick to blame God. When He doesn't answer their prayers, they turn away from Him and either stop believing in Him or assume He doesn't care about them. When nothing could be further from the truth! First of all, where does it say in the Bible that we are supposed to have comfortable, happy lives? It says God loves us, He will provide for our needs, He will protect us from the evil one, He will give us inner joy and peace, He will bless us and give us an abundant life. (All of those come with the condition that we put God first) But nowhere does it say we will be comfy and happy! In fact, it says quite the opposite in several places. We have only to look at the Apostles' lives to see that they were neither comfortable or happy, but they had great joy and peace and lived abundant lives before they were martyred. Gulp. Did I say martyred?

Does God care when tragedy hits us? Of course! It hurts Him as much as it hurts us! The first thing I do when a problem arises is ask myself if I somehow caused it. Many times our trials are simply consequences of our own mistakes. In Charity's case, God tried to warn her multiple times not to marry this man, but she didn't listen. Even when she cried out for help, He gave her chances to leave, but she didn't take them. However, if we didn't cause our problem, then either God allowed it to happen to teach us something or draw us closer to Him, or we are being attacked by the enemy. The best thing to do is get alone with God and find out.

Charity didn't do this, and by turning away from God, she only made her situation worse. In fact, each step she takes away from God only causes her more trouble and more pain. Have you ever been tempted to turn away from God when tragedy struck? I have. In fact, I can remember a time when I used to be so mad at God, I would almost be yelling at Him. Sad to say, but it's true. Good thing He's a loving Father who puts up with His Kid's temper tantrums.


Suspected of killing her husband, Charity Westcott flees on the first ship leaving England. Loathing all men after her abusive marriage, she hopes to reunite with her family in Charles Towne, but the ship ends up in Nassau. Chased by her husband’s brother, who is intent on seeing her hang, Charity is forced to accept the help of a missionary, Elias Dutton. But Elias is on a mission to rescue his sister in Barbados, one he cannot fail. Pirates, storms, shipwreck, and betrayal threaten to delay the couple in their journey even as they fight their growing attraction. Elias believes he has finally found a woman with a pure heart. Until he discovers she is a murderer and is now faced with two choices: letting her go or turning her in to the authorities. 





About MaryLu:Best-selling author MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. With more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. A Christy award nominee and Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award winner, MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandchildren and several stray cats on the California coast.


Links:
Buy from Amazon: http://bit.ly/PreOrderCharity
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marylu.tyndall.author/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaryLuTyndall
Blog: http://www.marylutyndall.com






 Rafflecopter question of the day: What are three possible reasons for the problems in our lives?



BUT … before you go, make sure you WRITE DOWN THIS CLUEUPLIFT — which is the #7 CLUE in our 15-word sentence you’ll need to enter the Kindle giveaway on February 29th.  

DON’T FORGET TO HEAD ON OVER TO JULIE'S AND MARYLU’S BLOGS TODAY FOR MORE CLUES AND PRIZES.

Prizes I'm giving away on The Sword and Spirit blog. 
Kindle Fire - Grand Prize

2nd place- Charleston bag full of Charleston!
3rd place- Antique spoon bracelet
4th Place- Starbucks cup and $10 SB gift card
5th Place- Signed copies of Shattered Memories and Sword of Forgiveness
6th Place- Kindle Versions of Shattered Memories and Sword of Forgiveness



53 comments:

  1. I have to say that Charity's Cross is my favorite of MaryLu's thus far. I am on my third time reading it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy with my new release that I haven't had a chance to read it but I am really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this! And I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These sound so awesome! I read Shattered Memories yesterday and it was soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!!! You made my day, Baley! Thank you!!! You'll love Charity's Cross just as much. Marylu is an awesome author. She was a mentor of mine and helped me get started.

      Delete
  4. I have never read MaryLu's books, but would love to. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, you must read some of Marylu's books. She is an outstanding author. She is one of the reasons I am writing today!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lucy.. I hope you get to read something of mine soon. And Debbie Lynne, you're so sweet to say such nice things. Thanks for having me on your blog!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read this story! It sounds like another MaryLu fabulous one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sin, consequences for our mistakes, not listening to God

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to enter those into the Rafflecopter, Jan. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Hi Debbie, the entry for today's question didn't have a place to answer. Just "check" if you've completed. So I did check, and posting it here: sin, blaming God for our mistakes instead of realizing the consequences of them, He's trying to bring us closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! It should be showing up on there before too long. I'll make sure you get credit for answering. :o)

      Delete
    2. Debbie Lynne, I had the same problem and posted the answer on a message, then box the showed up so I deleted my message and tried to post the answers and it said I'd already answered??? I'm confused!! (Not a thing new about that!!) Anyway, I'm posting my message again just to be on the safe side!!
      The first (and biggest after salvation) is not putting or allowing God to be first in our lives. This leads to the second, sin in our lives. And the third, blaming God for when things in our lives go wrong.

      Delete
    3. Hey Robbye, It's okay. We went in and manual put your answers so they are in Rafflecopter. :o) Because the box wasn't up there we went into Rafflecopter and entered the answers for everyone who had put them in the comments. Thanks for trying so hard!

      Delete
    4. Thanks and I appreciate it so much.
      I'm enjoying the treasure hunt, too. What a fun idea!!
      Blessings to everyone!

      Delete
  8. Sometimes the contests get confusing. I think I entered correctly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, you made me smile. I get so confused pretty easily sometimes. So I totally understand what you are saying! But I'm sure you did it right. :o)

      Delete
    2. I'm confused with all this too! And we are the ones putting it on. LOL

      Delete
  9. Tragedy, sin and going our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We caused them, God allowed them for teaching, or attack of the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was no spot for me to type my answer for today's question, so I am doing it here. Hopes that's alright. There are several reasons things could go wrong in our lives, It could be consequences from our actions or lack of listening to God, God could be trying to teach us something or draw us closer to Him, or it could be an attack from the enemy. After reading why you wrote this book and the description of it I am greatly looking forward to reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, Trying to figure out why that spot isn't open on rafflecopter. Thanks for sharing and yes, you will get credit!

      Delete
  12. Not having Jesus as our Savior.
    Not following him, even if we know him.
    Pride.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can identify with Charity. I left an abusive marriage in 2008. I didn't blame God for I knew I walked into it with my eyes wide open. Poor self-esteem was a contributing factor. I am grateful for the healing He has done and is continuing to do within me. Charity's Cross is on my wish list! Thank you for the fun giveaway.

    I follow the blog with feedburner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caryl. I'm sorry to hear you had to face an abusive marriage. I just can't even imagine, my husband is so gentle and kind its hard to understand how a man could do that to a woman. I'm glad God is healing you. We serve an mighty God who loves and cares for us. Thank you for following via feedburner and for stopping in and sharing today! ((Hugs))

      Delete
    2. So sorry to hear that, Carly. I have a feeling you will identify with Charity. Praise God you are out of that situation.

      Delete
  14. It sounds like a great book. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michele! Thanks for coming by. Good luck in the giveaways!!

      Delete
  15. I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, Marylu is one of the best authors IMHO. I can't wait to read it either!

      Delete
  16. Ladies, I want so badly to comment on each comment, but alas, my 2 year old granddaughter won't allow it!! I'm watching her today. Thanks so much for coming by, reading my post and leaving your thoughts!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your post, MaryLu!! All so true - I definitely relate to Charity's situation. I was in a physically, emotionally, & sexually abusive marriage to an alcoholic husband for 10 years. As with Caryl - it was my own choice, low self-esteem played a part in my decision also. I hadn't allowed God control of my life - He allowed me to become completely emotionally broken, with no other option but to trust Him for guidance. It wasn't easy to support my kids alone and there have been numerous huge trials in the many years since, however - I learned valuable life lessons, strengthened my relationship with Him and gained peace and assurance from knowing He always has all in my life under control and is working it to my good.

    I agree with Chappy in that "Charity's Cross" is MaryLu's best work. I loved it, "Isle of Hope", and "Shattered Memories" - all 3 such beautiful, inspiring novels!! My thanks to Debbie, MaryLu, and Julie for allowing God to lead in the writing of each book, and for a spectacular release party!!

    Debbie - I didn't have any problems posting an answer to today's question, however, found no "follow" button on any of the 3 author pages on Amazon. I clicked that part of the Rafflecopter as being completed as I think I was probably already a follower of each.

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm a Feedburner follower.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing, Bonnie. I think so many woman need to hear these things so they know they aren't alone. I appreciate you and Caryl sharing those painful parts of your lives. God will use you and is using you, I am sure.

      We did get the answer button fixed. Yay! Try this link for my amazon page. It will be on the left below my picture. http://www.amazon.com/Debbie-Lynne-Costello/e/B00TRT6RYS/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1455941758&sr=1-1

      Delete
  18. 1. Walking in our flesh and not listening to God's voice. 2. God allowing circumstances to occur to teach us and/or draw closer to Him. 3. Enemy attacking.

    After dealing with serious medical issues with my son for the last 2 years (he is 2), I had multiple opportunities to get angry. And I was for a time. Angry that God had allowed this to happen to us. Angry that I was robbed of being able to enjoy the baby stages of my son's life (we were in the hospital until he was 3 months old). And at first I thought I/we has done something to cause this to happen. But God spoke to me in the middle of my brokenness and hurt that He had a bigger plan for us. That He wasn't punishing us for something we did wrong. And ever since then I had peace. It was still hard...but I knew that He was walking with me each day. And that peace showed. Doctors, nurses, CNAs all love our family because they sense God's presence in us on a daily basis. And the doors that have opened for us to help other children like our son, have been unreal! http://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2014/08/transplant-saves-first-bubble-boy-in-wash--state-detected-SCID.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an awesome testimony. Rachel what a hard and scary thing to go through as a parent. I'm so glad God spoke to you and gave you peace. We serve an awesome God. And He will use you and your testimony to help other people. God bless you.

      Delete
  19. What a fun blog hop! Thanks foe the chance to win this awesome prize. I have certainly done my share of blaming God for things happenening in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie, Thanks for stopping by. Fun prizes for sure! Aren't you glad we serve a forgiving God who doesn't turn His back on us when we blame Him for things?

      Delete
  20. Man, Internet use and economy problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim, Thanks so much for coming by and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  21. Humans are susceptible to worldly influences and we don't always use the best judgement. We sometimes ask for God's help after we need Him instead of always going to Him for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's easy in our human frailty to try to do things ourselves instead of casting our cares on the Lord and trusting Him (Proverbs 3:5-6l. I know at times I struggle with this in my own Christian walk. My heart truly goes out to anyone who suffers in an abusive relationship. It is so sad and breaks my heart. I am so very thankful for a wonderful, loving godly husband. I am blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and sharing. I think as humans its hard sometimes to trust that God is going to do what His word says He will. It's easier to try and do it ourselves than have the faith. I too am blessed with a wonderful man and so thankful for being married to my hero!

      Delete