Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Christmas Stamp by Cynthia Hickey ends 12/14



Please welcome Cynthia Hickey to my blog this week. Cynthia is giving away a copy of her book, A Christmas Stamp. Be sure to leave a comment and stop by Friday for another post from Cynthia. Leave a comment both days for a better chance to win! Don't forget to leave your email address and let me know if you are a follower of my blog.

1. When did you discover your love for the written word? My mother said that, not having a Kindergarten close enough for me to attend as a child, that she taught me to read. I took to it easily and have always read above my level. Once I discovered the many worlds between the pages of a book, I was hooked.
 

2. When did you begin your writing career? I’ve made up stories for as long as I can remember, but it isn’t until a few years ago that I actually began to take the writing process seriously. My first novel, Fudge-Laced Felonies, was released through Barbour in 2007.
 

3. Tell us something that people may not know about you? I’ve been on television twice. Once on the backdrop of a weather report filmed on Petit Jean Mountain in Arkansas and another time when a documentary was being filmed at the Pickle Plant where I worked.
4. Do you have a secret desire that may not ever come true? I’ve always thought it would be a blast to be in a movie. Not a walk on character, but an actual main character. An insane person would be fun.


5. Do you have a favorite book? The one book I own that has stood the test of time is Gone With the Wind and Little Women. I still love them.
 

6. A favorite author? I’d have to say that in today’s market, I love Diana Gabaldon. Her Outlander characters are so rich, I feel as if I know them.
 

7. Do you have a favorite book that you’ve written? No, I can’t say that I do. I guess Fudge would be it if I had to pick, it being my first and all.
 

8. Any suggestions for pre-pubbed authors? Never, ever, give up. If you’re meant to be an author, you need to write as much as you need to breathe.




BLURB:
Lilly Tipton has her first job as a telephonist in the picturesque town of Noel, Missouri. When she is injured riding her bicycle home from her job, she finds herself thrust into judging a contest to find a postmark that represents her little town. Not a difficult task other than the fact she must work with the very man who almost ran her over...the handsome mail carrier, Calvin Monroe. 





12 comments:

  1. Good interview, Cynthia. Happy to know more about you. A Christmas Stamp sounds interesting. May God bless you in 2016 with health, happiness, and success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Christmas books this season. A Christmas Stamp would make my December complete. Thanks! (Love the cover too!)
    I am a follower.
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any Christmas books this season. A Christmas Stamp would make my December complete. Thanks! (Love the cover too!)
    I am a follower.
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for an enjoyable post. I discovered my love of the written word when my father read to me. As soon as I could read for myself, I read everything I could get my hands on. And yes, I read the backs of cereal boxes!
    I follow your blog, Debbie.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Connie
    cps1950 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a good book. Thank you for the chance to win a copy. I am a follower of your blog.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading to me is like eating, breathing, and sleeping. I need all 3 to survive and that is the way I feel about books. I too have read the backs of cereal boxes, the encyclopedia, and even the dictionary. I am a follower of your blog.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good book. I have added it to my TBR list. :)
    I am a follower of your blog.
    wsmarple/at/gmail/dot/com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful book! I would love to win. I am a blog follower as well.
    bettimace at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to read this ! Thank you for giveaway!
    I am subscriber to your blog
    mcnuttjem0(AT)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmas stories and this one looks like a perfectly fun one. I would love to read this. I am a feedburner follower.

    Cnnamongirl at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Janet! You won Cynthia's book!

    ReplyDelete