Monday, November 23, 2015

Faithful Heart by Diane Kalas ends November 30


Please welcome Diane Kalas to The Sword and Spirit blog. Diane is giving away an ebook copy of her book. Be sure to read on down to find out how to enter. Don't forget to leave your email address and let me know if you are a follower for an extra entry.

Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth. Answer: My computer sits on a 1890s ladies writing desk. I really need a much bigger workspace. I’m surrounded by files and reference books. Corner of living room and kitchen. I’m wearing blue jeans and green t-shirt.
 
What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research?
Answer: For FAITHFUL HEART, Journey Home Series 2, I learned that Longhorn cattle have traveling companions for “going up the trail” on those drives to market. I’m hooked on research and there’s lots of interesting things about life on a Texas cattle ranch in 1865-66 in this book.

What is something that very few people know about you? 
Answer: When I’m stressed, I vacuum.
 
What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair).
Answer: My mother’s childhood rocking chair made by her grandfather, my great-grandfather.
 
If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future, when and where would that be and why?
Answer: I would choose America 1870, after the transcontinental railroad was completed, and settle in California. I would enjoy the adventure and industrial progress going on in our country.
 
If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be?

Answer: You Can Do The Impossible.


What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story?
Answer: The first time travel romance I read, back in 1979, was by June Lund Shiplett. Later in the mid-80s, I met her at a book signing near her home in Ohio and we became friends. I started to write my very first novel, a time travel-historical romance thanks to her. I plan to get that published in the future.

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)?

Answer: That a girlfriend was leaving her husband (years ago).


What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Answer: I agreed to live in a third-world, Muslim country, Indonesia, for 18 months.
 
What do you do for fun?
Answer: I go to estate sales with girlfriends and have lunch afterwards. 

Leave a comment and tell us what you do to have fun to be entered in the drawing.


FAITHFUL HEART- Journey Home Series 2


September 1865. Brice Bruton lost his farm to the Confederate invasion of Pennsylvania, while he served the Union Army. He’s angry with God and guilt-ridden, knowing his family had to flee their home before the Gettysburg Battle. Brice travels to Texas, to reunite with his wife and daughter before heading to Oregon, his lifeline of hope while a POW in Andersonville Prison.

Lainie Colbert, spinster, lives with her father and brother on a cattle ranch outside of Waco, Texas. Lainie’s been a foster aunt to Emily Bruton for two years and loves the child with her whole heart. When Brice Bruton arrives to take his daughter away, Lainie’s desperate to keep the little girl. She prays God will intervene and allow Emily to remain at the ranch.

Grief stricken to learn his wife died, while he served the Union Army, Brice knows he can’t travel with a child on his own, so he accepts a job as cowhand at the Colbert spread. Amid ranch life, Lainie and Brice clash over how to raise Emily. Lainie fears that Brice will leave and take Emily to Oregon. What’s worse, Lainie’s falling in love with Brice and knows he’ll never be attracted to her, a plain range woman.

Lainie’s love and devotion to Emily turns Brice’s opposition to admiration and romantic love. Brice goes up the trail with the Colberts’ herd, and decides he wants his own ranch and Lainie for his wife. Would Lainie accept him after all the arguments over Emily? He’s afraid to ask.


About Diane Kalas: 
Diane collects antique books written by men and women who lived through the American Civil War, and/or who pioneered out West. With a degree in interior design, she enjoys touring historical sites, especially Federal era homes with period furniture. Diane is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. Her biggest challenge is writing Inspirational Historical Romance. Her biggest distraction is her fascination with historical research.

Connect with Diane

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, Debbie, for hosting me on your lovely blog. Your questions were interesting, and I appreciate your effort on my behalf. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faithful Heart sounds like a book I would enjoy. I like to read books set in the Civil War era. The most fun I have is when I get together with our grandchildren!
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read for fun! Having gals over to play board games is fun! I also like to hike but it's not safe to do alone and I haven't had anyone to go with me recently! jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I learned a lot about you. Vacuuming when stressed … I CANNOT relate to that, although I do get a lot done at times of high tension. But going to estate sales for fun? Oh yesssssssss! I'm with Joan on the board games- especially good old Scrabble. Please don't include me in the drawing, since I can't read books online. But this sounds like good one. Thanks for this fun interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fun now is jigsaw puzzles, reading, adult dot-to-dot books and my computer. I used to do a lot of other things but have slowed down.

    This sounds like an interesting story, thank you for the chance to win a copy of the book.

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having my 21month old granddaughter to entertain me is great fun. I also enjoy walking, reading and learning about new books and authors through blogs such as Debbie's.
    Debbie, I follow your blog. Thank you for this interview and giveaway.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Connie
    cps1950 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm posting The Mayflower Compact on www.Facebook.com/dianekalas to refresh our minds about the men and women who first came to the shores of America, 1620. Check it out, if you care to. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Joan Arning! You won! be looking for an email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joan: I just ordered the e-book of Faithful Heart to be sent to you. You should receive an email from Amazon within minutes. Thank you for leaving a comment. God bless you in 2016 with health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete