Monday, July 6, 2015

Cowgirl for Keeps by Louise M Gouge ends July 13


Please welcome a good friend and an excellent writer to my blog. Louise it is good to have you back this week. And I love that you are sharing something patriotic. Even though our country is needs to turn her heart back to God, I'm still proud to be an American and I pray for revival for this country.  Louise is generously giving away a copy of her new release, Cowgirl for Keeps. Just leave your email along with a comment on what you love about America. And don't forget to let me know if you are a follower of my blog for an extra entry!

Thank you for inviting me to share some thoughts here on your blog, Debbie Lynne. I love the way you promote other authors, and I’m proud to be here.

Something else I’m proud of is being an American citizen. Many years ago I had the privilege of being a soloist in a choir singing a song that proclaims my feelings exactly, John W. Peterson’s “I’m just a flag-waving American.” My performance wasn’t recorded, but if you click on the title in the previous sentence, you can hear the song recorded by a young choir sometime in the 1970s. Just listen to the words, and you’ll want to stand up and wave your American flag, too.

Here’s a picture of a giant American flag flying high over my neighborhood Chick-fil-A on a windy day.




This past weekend, we celebrated the Fourth of July, the day chosen by our Founding Fathers for future generations to celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence, that historic document that created the United States of America, forever setting our nation apart from any other civilization since the beginning of time. When our country was established, people were stuck in a life they were born to. In America today, hard-working people can improve their lives. Our country is far from perfect, but that doesn’t cancel out our greatness. Where else in the world can every man and woman follow a dream and become whatever God calls him or her to be?

In my books, I have frequently included passages from the Declaration and showed how that great document affects my characters. In Cowgirl for Keeps, a stuffy Englishman named Garrick Wakefield hears the Declaration for the first time in his life. If you’d like to see how this affects my hero, please read Cowgirl for Keeps and maybe you’ll feel a burst of joyful patriotism.


Here’s the blurb:
Rosamond Northam’s plans of building a high school take an unexpected turn when her father informs her she’ll be overseeing construction of a new hotel instead—with Englishman Garrick Wakefield. The newly arrived aristocrat seems to turn his nose up at all she loves about her Colorado hometown. The man is entirely insufferable…yet undeniably handsome.

Garrick wants nothing more than to prove himself to his uncle, who has backed the building of this hotel. But he finds himself ever at odds with his pretty cowgirl partner over the plans. The American West is so different from his British home, but with Rosamond showing him the ropes, maybe he’ll commit to Western life…and a Western lass.

I’d like to give away a print copy of Cowgirl for Keeps to a resident of the U. S. To be entered in our drawing, please leave your email address and a comment about your own love of the United States of America. Please, no flaming. This post is for lovers of the USA, and any derogatory remarks will be deleted.

MORE ABOUT LOUISE:

Florida author Louise M. Gouge writes historical fiction for Harlequin's Love Inspired Historical Romances. She received the prestigious Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award in 2005 and placed in 2011; and place in the Laurel Wreath in 2012. Her indie novel Then Came Love is a finalist for the 2015 IRCA. When she isn't writing or teaching her college classes, she and David, her husband of fifty years, enjoy visiting historical sites and museums. Please visit her Web site at http://blog.Louisemgouge.com


33 comments:

  1. I do love the United States, as it was years ago. I said on FB recently that although the 50's and 60's had their own problems and I have no desire to return to inequality for blacks and women, there was much to be proud of in the US then. The office of President was respected. And most importantly to me, if a person immigrated to the US, their desire was to learn English and the American way of life. They did not seem to feel that they were losing their heritage and history, but they were becoming an American. My feeling is that if you choose to come to America, your choice is to become an American.
    bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot(net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said, Connie. America opens her arms in welcome to all immigrants, but lets keep America, America and not try to make her another country. Thanks for coming by and sharing.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Connie. You and I grew up in the same era, and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud to be an American citizen but I am not happy with our country as it is now. The religious beliefs that it was founded on have been eroded over the past few years and I pray that we turn back to the "God first" principle.
    Thank you for this giveaway. Debbie. I follow your blog.
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I pray for revival to come to this country and I pray that it doesn't take another major terrorist attack for people to see we need God in our lives and we need to turn away from the sin that is being sold to us as freedom. Freedom isn't the right to sin.

      Delete
  4. I am a huge patriot! My dad, husband and 3 uncles served, 1 uncle 22 years, 1 28 years and the other was a POW for 13 months in Stalag 17 during WWII, went on death marches, frozen feet and nearly starved, liberated by General Patton's Third Army. Every time I hear the National Anthem or America the Beautiful, I get leaky eyes. And I love your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I have a long list of relatives who have served, too. None have been POWs. Like you, I get tearful when I hear the Star-Spangled Banner. When I used to sing, I sang it at a minor league baseball game. What an honor!

      Delete
    2. Susan, I am too! I married my highschool sweetheart while he was serving in the US Airforce. My father served in the Navy, 2 uncles the Navy, my son the Navy, my niece the marines, my nephews the army and army parajumpers and as I've shared before my 8th to great grandfather and his 3 brothers fought in the American revolution where my grandfather was wounded at Cowpens and walked with a limp the rest of his life.

      Delete
  5. Have many relatives who fought for this country Am so unhappy to see people not respect our flag. God bless you Chris Granville
    granvilleATfrontiernetDOTnet c4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I'm sad when people disrespect the flag, too.

      Delete
    2. I love our country so much even though I'm saddened by the sin. But I feel like if you don't respect this country you should move to one you can respect!

      Delete
  6. I am proud to be an American! I believe we still have more freedoms than any other nation. We have a beautiful land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true, Joan. We have a beautiful, free country. May God keep it so.

      Delete
    2. Hey Joan, Yes! We do still have so many freedoms and I am so thankful for the freedom of religion. I pray that we don't lose that right however, in light of recent rulings it is a bit frightening that our freedom is being eroded away with other's 'rights'.

      Delete
  7. We love the USA!! We have a flagpole in our front yard and we are proud to display the flag. We have have so many past and present servicemen defending our country that we need to thank. Every time I see a servieman I tell him thanks for his service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we display the flag, too, Ruby. And thank the service men and women. Good practices to show our appreciation!

      Delete
    2. That is such a wonderful habit to get into doing! I wish everyone would. My husband served just as the Vietnam war ended so respect for the serviceman was not high. But when my son served his 2 terms it was so nice to go out with him and hear people thank him for his service. They do sacrifice to serve. They leave friends and family behind along with their freedom to choose to go and do what they want. It is a great sacrifice and we all should tell them how much we appreciate them!

      Delete
  8. I am and will die an American. I love America and everything we stand for. I do wave a flag and my father and father's father both served in the US army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy, I'm with you!!! And God bless your father and grandfather. They are the reason we are still free today!

      Delete
  9. I love singing patriotic songs! The music and lyrics make me reflect on how blessed we are. Thank you for the giveaway!

    colorvibrant at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heidi, I love them too. I enjoy the new as well as the old. What makes me sad is that so many of our younger generation don't even know the songs that were mandatory in school to learn when we were growing up.

      Delete
    2. Nothing lifts my heart with patriotic pride like the Star-Spangled Banner. It's so good to know others still feel this way, too.

      Delete
  10. I love all the freedoms we have in the US. And all who have given their lives so we can have those freedoms!
    LI Historical is among my favorite books and this one looks so good!!! Thank you for the chance to win a copy!
    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I subscribe of your blog( I forgot to add that)!

      Delete
    2. Hey Trixi! Thanks for coming by and for following my blog. Louise is a fantastic author. You'll love her stories!

      Delete
  11. Oh, my! I went out for the afternoon and come back to such wonderful comments! Thank you all for sharing your love for our country. God bless the U. S. A.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love my country and my freedoms granted to me here! I've never considered living anywhere else.
    meredithfl at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you, Meredith. I can't think of anyplace in the world I would rather live than my own wonderful country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am proud to be a citizen of this great country where we are free to choose the way we want to praise God. We can dress the way we want, live the way we want and have the family we want, etc.

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment, Wendy. It's so good to hear more and more people in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my country and I'm so proud of family members who have proudly served in our armed forces (especially my husband, a former Marine and my 94 year old, brother-in-law who flew in WWII). I lived in Eastern Europe for 6 years, and I really grew to appreciate that Americans have freedom to make choices and dream of a better life. I know America is not what it once was, but it is still pretty great.
    worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you, Merry. I'm praying the Lord will bless the U. S. A. with godly leaders and citizens who will vote wisely.

    ReplyDelete