Monday, April 20, 2015

Sword of Forgiveness by Debbie Lynne Costello ends April 27th





Today is a very short post. But I would really love your feedback on this one. 

What bible verse do you go to read and stand on when someone you love and care about is facing a possible life threatening illness? 



I'd like to make a list of some of these scriptures. 

So leave me your go-to-verse, one that you might tape on the mirror or stick on your frig and I'll enter you to win a copy of Sword of Forgiveness and if you've already purchased Sword of Forgiveness or won it, I'll give you a $5 amazon gift card if your the winner.




When her father died, she had promised herself no man would own her again, yet who could defy an edict of the king?
After the death of her cruel father, Brithwin is determined never again to live under the harsh rule of any man. Independent and resourceful, she longs to be left alone to manage her father's estate. But she soon discovers a woman has few choices when the king decrees she is to marry Royce, the Lord of Rosencraig. As if the unwelcome marriage isn't enough, her new husband accuses her of murdering his family, and she is faced with a challenge of either proving her innocence or facing possible execution.
Royce of Hawkwood returns home after setting down a rebellion to find his family brutally murdered. When all fingers point to his betrothed and attempts are made on his life, Royce must wade through murky waters to uncover the truth. Yet Brithwin's wise and kind nature begin to break down the walls of his heart, and he soon finds himself in a race to discover who is behind the evil plot before Brithwin is the next victim.


Debbie Lynne Costello has enjoyed writing stories since she was about eight years old. She raised her family and then embarked on her own career of writing the stories that had been begging to be told. She and her husband have four children and live in upstate South Carolina. She has worked in many capacities in her church and is currently the Children's Director. Debbie Lynne has shown and raised Shetland Sheepdogs for eighteen years and still enjoys litters now and then. In their spare time, she and her husband take pleasure in camping and riding their Arabian and Tennessee Walking horses.

25 comments:

  1. Good morning. This is a favorite verse.

    Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the
    Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
    plans to give you hope and a future".

    I follow you by email.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Connie that is a great verse! And thank you for following my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7. May God grant you peace at this time, Debbie.

    I follow your blog by email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. This is a scary time in my life. I'm trying to put verses up around the house with His promises. That is a comforting verse.

      Delete
  4. Psalm 121:1-8 ESV
    I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord , who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite verse is Philippians 4:13 - "I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength". I held on tight to this verse during my cancer journey and its been my favorite since I was a teen.
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great verse. I'll add it to my list of promises. Thank you for sharing, Maryann. Cancer is a tough thing to face. I'm so glad you made it through it.

      Delete
  6. New International Version
    And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Romans 8:11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. that is such beautiful promise. I appreciate you sharing that with me.

      Delete
  7. "Be of good cheer. I have overcome the world." Jn.16:33. "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Ps.91:1 "I will fear no evil, for thou art with me." Ps.23:4 Psalm 91 in its entirety has been a long-standing favorite of mine, especially in times of adversity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linore. Those are all wonderful verses. I've been reading Psalm 91.

      Delete
  8. Barbara (Lawrenceville, GA)April 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM

    My favorite verse among many would be Is. 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."
    When my husband was very ill and I did not know what was going to happen, I was reading my devotional that morning and this verse hit me like a ton of bricks, 1 Peter 5:7, "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." I had the choice...trust Him and His Word or not."
    Barbara (Lawrenceville, GA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Barbara!! These are awesome scriptures to stand upon. And you are so right! I have a choice. Do I trust Him at His word or not?

      Delete
  9. I really can't add to these wonderful verses. Each one has been a comfort to me at one time or another. Don't forget to combine them with pouring out your heart to the Lord who is Comfort personified, and trust one or two others with your burden so they may lift you up.
    I do follow your blog, as you know, Debbie. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. And thank you for following my blog. And thank you for the hug! I need it. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  10. For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of love and of power and of a sound mind! 2 Timothy 1:7. I have to quote this verse to myself many times! If we start to fear the things that may come upon us or our love ones we lose faith! We have to realize that God is in control. No matter if a person is going thru things we cannot lose our power that God has given us! Our answers may not be what we want it to be, but God will give us the power to go thru it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Brenda. It is so hard to not be afraid. I've always felt like I had a lot of faith but this fear makes me doubt how strong my faith is. These scriptures have really helped though. Thank you for sharing yours with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too like. "I will fear no evil, for thou art with me." Ps.23:4 HUGS, Debbie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a wonderful promise. I don't know how people make it through life without the Lord. Thank you, Deanna for sharing with me.

      Delete
  13. 1 Corinthians 13:13 "Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."
    Posted your giveaway on our FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing my giveaway, Karrine. I love this verse, but didn't think about it. But what a promise. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isaiah 41:10 "Do not be afraid for I am with you Do not gaze about for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isaiah 41:10 " Do not be afraid for I am with you. Do not gaze about for I am your God. I will Fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness."

    ReplyDelete