Saturday, November 8, 2014

An Apple for Christmas by Darlene Franklin FREE limited time!



Please welcome Darlene Franklin. Darlene is happy to announce that An Apple for Christmas if FREE from November 7-9 be sure to stop by the link to get it.


An Apple for Christmas is my sixth novella specifically for Christmas. I decided to stick with the setting I know best, Vermont, in the 1890s. In researching the time period, I discovered that apple production was at an all-time high during that decade. My hero, Mac(intosh) Cortland was born, with twin daughters also named for apples, Margil and Pippin. And my heroine, Ruby Nelson, was a horticulturalist who became a teacher instead. Neither of them seem interested in marriage, so the twins decided to nudge them along.

Mac’s name was a no-brainer, but finding names for the girls was tougher. Far more apples are named for boys, and most of the female-named varieties were developed later. The flavorful Margil was discovered in France in the 1750s. The tarter Park’s Pippin came about in 1827.

The plot of An Apple for Christmas suggested itself when all the phrases including apples came to mind. Of course, my twins had to give the teacher an apple in the time-honored tradition. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but one bad apple spoils the barrel.

Add the chance to weave him my favorite apple desserts, and I had to write this story!


Follow the link to download Darlene's story for FREE! http://www.amazon.com/APPLE-CHRISTMAS-Christmas-Traditions-Book-ebook/dp/B00O2BJ6BM




Ruby Nelson trades her job in the laboratory for teaching in a small girls’ school in Vermont. Twin sisters challenge her position—and their father captivates her imagination. Will the orchard grower graft Ruby onto his heart?




About Darlene:
Darlene Franklin’s greatest claim to fame is that she writes full-time from a nursing home. She lives in Oklahoma, near her son and his family, and continues her interests in playing the piano and singing, books, good fellowship, and reality TV in addition to writing. She is an active member of Oklahoma City Christian Fiction Writers, American Christian Fiction Writers, and the Christian Authors Network. She has written over thirty books and has written more than 250 devotionals. Her historical fiction ranges from the Revolutionary War to World War II, from Colorado to Vermont. You can find Darlene online elsewhere at http://darlenehfranklinwrites.blogspot.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Poet.Darlene.Franklin.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the Christmas story - just what I needed to get in the spirit ❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Sharing ~ Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinned, tweeted and shared news on my FB page ~ Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I loved this heart-warming Christmas novella!! Thank you, Darlene!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to discover this the other day when I was on Amazon. I guess yesterday. I love love love a Christmas novella. Thanks Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another good book Darlene. Maxie

    ReplyDelete