Monday, August 18, 2014

The Cattleman Meets His Match by Sherri Shackleford ends 8/25

Please welcome Sherri Shackleford to my blog this week. We are so happy to have you. Sherri is giving away a copy of her new release, The Cattleman Meets His Match. Please, ask Sherri a question about herself to be entered to win. And don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you do. AND if you are a feedburner follower remember to tell me in your comment for an extra chance to win.

Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth. I am in my office, catching up on morning email. I’m wearing a shirt and jeans. I just took my kids to school and this is my routine – I’m up and dressed before the kids, take them to school, and then come home and catch up on emails and blogs. After that, I move to a comfy spot I’ve set up in my bedroom with a nice chaise lounge. I shut off the internet and write in 30 minutes segments.

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research? As of 2012, the US was still paying out two Civil War pensions (which were for widows and children.) Can you imagine tracing back that paperwork?! The last Civil War widow died in 2003.

What is something that very few people know about you? This is a tough one because I’m certainly not a very mysterious person! I’m an excellent tap dance – I suppose most people don’t know that…since it doesn’t come up in conversation much.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair) I have saved some items of clothing from my kids. Things they loved or wore until they wore out! It’s fun pulling out those items and watching my kids light up with the memories.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future, when and where would that be and why? I’d enjoy living in the Regency Era – but only if I was rich. I don’t want to be a servant. I want to be the one who wakes at ten, takes a stroll through the gardens, and eats a twelve-course meal at eight. I do NOT want to be the one cleaning out the chamber pots. Or, it might be nice to be a man in the 50’s. That seemed like a Golden Age for guys.

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be? Is That All There Is?

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story? I wanted to be Trixie Belden. I read the books as a kid. She solved mysteries, which seemed really cool.

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)? Hmmm, keeping my first publishing contract a secret until the papers were signed. That almost killed me!

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Again, I’m a pretty boring person. I should probably go out and do some crazy things so I have a better answer. I snuck into a concert, found some abandoned seats, and sat in the second row for Sting and The Police. That was fun. That happened a few years ago.

GALAHAD IN A STETSON

Cowboy John Elder needs a replacement crew of cattle hands to drive his longhorns to Kansas—he just never figured they'd be wearing petticoats. Traveling with Moira O'Mara and the orphan girls in her care is a mutually beneficial arrangement. Yet despite Moira's declaration of independence, the feisty beauty evokes John's every masculine instinct to protect, defend…marry?

Moira is grateful for John's help when he rescues her—and she can't deny that his calm, in-control manner proves comforting. But she is determined not to let anything get in the way of her plans to search for her long-lost brother at journey's end. However, can John show her a new future—one perfect for them to share.



MORE ABOUT SHERRI:

A wife and mother of three, Sherri's hobbies include collecting mismatched socks, discovering new ways to avoid cleaning, and standing in the middle of the room while thinking, "Why did I just come in here?" A reformed pessimist and recent hopeful romantic, Sherri has a passion for writing. Her books are fun and fast-paced, with plenty of heart and soul. She loves to hear from readers: sherri@sherrishackelford.com 
 
WHERE TO FIND SHERRI AND HER BOOKS:

45 comments:

  1. I think it would be fun to take mismatched socks and wear them as a set. Start a new fad. Seems you never find them. We moved out of a house and I though I could find mate then to daughter's toe socks - never happened.
    God bless. Glad to get to meet you. Hope I win as I haven't read any of your books. I review all books I win and then share them. jrs362 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I love the mixed socks idea. My boys are always losing one sock. How does one lose one sock? I just don't understand! Good luck and thanks for reviewing when you win. Awesome!!!

      Delete
    2. Hello! Thanks for stopping by to say, "Hi!" Lately the teenage girls are all wearing mismatched socks. Who says kids these days aren't smart?!

      Delete
  2. I am a feedburner follower. jrs362 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had a chance to go on any vacation, where would you choose?
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Great question. So many places and so little time. Can't wait to see where Sherri would like to go! Good luck and thanks for being a follower.

      Delete
  4. I am a subscriber.
    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this book.
    oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like a dandy!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Melanie. Yes it does sound like a great book! Well worth the money.

      Delete
    2. Hello, Melanie! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. What a great question! If I had a chance to take a vacation anywhere...I'd love to go to one of those islands with the raised thatch hutches and sparkling beaches. I'd be drinking something out of a coconut with an umbrella perched on the side...How about you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. love that vision, Sherri. My next big vacation will be Europe with Scotland as the main focus.

      Delete
  8. LOL! I LOVE your More About Sherri! :D Let's see my go to question and one I always learning the answer to...What is your favorite Bible verse?

    Blessings, Amada (pronounced: a.m.a.th.a)
    amada_chavez{AT}yahoo{DOT}com

    I'm a follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Amanda. Another great question. I'm going to share mine even though the question is for Sherri. Mine is one shared by many. Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing! :) I always love to know what other's favorites are!!! And that is a GREAT one, and one of my favorites also! Thank you Debbie!

      Delete
    3. Isn't it a beautiful verse? It gives us so much hope through the trials of life and when we grow tired and weary of the battles. I LOVE the promise!!!

      Delete
    4. My favorite verse is Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus

      Delete
    5. Amen Debbie! And the way it's written; it just breathes strength and hope!

      Sherri that is another GREAT one! Another one that fills us with hope and peace!

      Thank you both I needed both of those verse and the peace that comes with them! :)

      Hugs, ASC

      Delete
    6. Isn't God amazing the way He works in our lives and puts people and verses there when we need them. We serve an Awesome God! Praying you have peace and feel God's arms around you!

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the interview, Debbie, and your new novel sounds interesting, Sherri. Your vacationing spot sounds relaxing, but I only want to go to Israel - I know I'll get to one day because it is my heart's desire :) Amanda, my favorite verse changes daily! There's not a one I don't love, but today, I'll choose Romans 12: 2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Blessings from Texas! I'm pretty sure I'm a subscriber and follower of The Sword and The Spirit :) Will go visit Sherri's FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Caryl. Great verse. I'd love to see Israel, too. Its sad that there is always so much turmoil over there.

      Delete
  10. Barbara (GA)
    I would love to read your book. What inspired you to write historical novels? Who is your favorite author and do you read a lot?
    I am a feed burner follower
    thomas(dot)harris(two)(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara! Thanks for being a follower. More great questions. Looking forward to Sherri's answers. There are so many great authors out there.

      Delete
    2. Hmm, I enjoy reading historical novels, so writing them was a natural fit! Cheryl St.John is one of my favorite authors. It's tough to pick just one, you know? I'm a big fan of Debbie Lynn Costello :)

      Delete
  11. Nice to meet you Sherri, thank you for sharing. Your books sounds wonderful not to mention I love the cover.I love reading historical fiction especially those about the Civil War. I would love to have been able to talk to a widow of the Civil War. My question for you is what genre do you like to read the best and what is your all time favorite book that you have read? Thank you for this chance to win and look forward to read ing your book. ~ Blessings ~ lisastifler@yahoo.com I am a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa. Thanks for stopping by and being a follower. Isn't history awesome! My hubby's father was in his 80's when hubby was born (and he has 2 younger siblings!) so hubby's grandfather was young teen in the CW. That just is a mind blower for me. My husband's father was such a gentleman. He was 93 years old and still stood up when I walked into the room. Just an amazing man. Miss him.

      Delete
  12. Wow - Debbie - your father-in-law sounds like a real gem!

    I definitely enjoy reading Historical Romance. I fell in love with Westerns when I read Cheryl St.John's, The Tenderfoot Bride. I also enjoyed Sweet Amity's Fire by Lee Scofield. Neither of them are Christian novels, but I think they were precursors to the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your book sounds terrific, Sherri! What is the most romantic date you've been on?
    worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pick me! Me! Pick me! Oh wait, that sounds like that question was meant for Sherri. LOL. Ah well, I'm going to have to answer it! BACKSTORY: My great grandfather and his brother stowed away on a ship from Italy to America. Last name was Lisuzzo. They were in their late teens. Now back to the future. My hubby took me to Italy and surprised me with a three day stay at a Castle! I LOVE castles! Then on our anniversary he took me to dinner in the castle fine dining. He opens a box that held a beautiful ring and told me he'd marry me all over again. Best date EVER! Here is a link to where we stayed. http://en.directrooms.com/hotels/info/2-31-1095-68688/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Castello%2BDellOscano%2BHotel&utm_campaign=IT%2B-%2BPerugia%2B-%2BCastello%2BDell%E2%80%99Oscano%2BHotel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I converted religions after my husband and I married. For our ten year anniversary, he surprised me with a renewal of our vows in our new church. (Flowers, guests and dinner included!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, beautiful stories, you gave me chill bumps! (That's good!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You mentioned that the last Civil War widow died in 2003. Sounds like she outlived many generations lol. I am sure a descendent got that money. Have you ever wondered on which side your ancestors were during the Civil War?

    I am a feed burner follower.

    deamundy(at)gmail(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sherri, That's so interesting about the last Civil War widow dying so recently. I've always been fascinated by the fact that my dad's parents were born in 1874 & 1876. I recently discovered that Grandma's dad was born in 1831. Kind of mind-boggling. I'd love to know if he fought in the Civil War.

    Your book sounds like one I'd love. fictionfan1 [@] tulsacoxmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You have an amazing family history, Vickie. Makes me think of that show,'Who Do You Think You Are?'

    ReplyDelete
  20. What's your favorite item that you've saved for your kids?

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saved all my plastic horses. When my son was interested in playing with them, I was SO excited! Then I realized he was playing some sort of war game where they all blew up. The perils of having boys...

    ReplyDelete