Monday, April 7, 2014

The Soldier's Secrets by Naomi Rawlings ends 4/14




Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth. I’m in the living room wearing some comfy pants and a sweatshirt. They might pass for pajamas if you wanted them to.

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research?
That no one bothered to record the clothes and mannerisms of common people. There are books and books and books written about how the super rich dressed and lived, but few people documented the wardrobe and activities of the cooks and footmen who served them.

What is something that very few people know about you?
I live in an area of the country that gets 200 inches of snow—on a NORMAL year. Winters like the one we’ve just had are extra interesting. We’ve got over 4 feet of packed snow on the ground right now.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair) Bible. Computer. Kindle. In that order.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future, when and where would that be and why? I’d pick to live just after the Revolutionary War. I’m not sure I’d actually want to live through a war where houses and lands were burned and loved ones killed, but I’d enjoy seeing the United States lay it’s foundations of government and pull itself away from the tyranny of England. That would be a very exciting part of history to experience first hand.

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be?
The Tired Mommy Who Works Endlessly

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story? A Bride for Keeps by Melissa Jagears

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)? Oh this is a sad one. When I was in high school, I knew one of my friend’s parents were getting a divorce, but his dad was being a really big jerk and didn’t want anyone to know.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Ha! I’m not allowed to tell. Seriously. It wouldn’t exactly be appropriate for the audience. But it was fun. And crazy.




The Soldier’s Secrets:
Divided Loyalties 
Brigitte Dubois will do anything to keep her family safe. When she is blackmailed by her father-in-law, his quest for revenge leaves her no choice. To protect her children, she must spy on the man who may have killed her husband. But Jean Paul Belanger is nothing like she expected. The dark, imposing farmer offers food to all who need it, and insists on helping Brigitte and her children. 
Everything Jean Paul did was in the name of liberty. Even so, he can never forgive himself for his actions during France's revolution. Now a proud auburn-haired woman has come to his home seeking work and has found her way into his reclusive heart. But when she uncovers the truth, his past could drive them apart….

MORE ABOUT NAOMI:

A mother of two young boys, Naomi Rawlings spends her days picking up, cleaning, playing and, of course, writing. Her husband pastors a small church in Michigan’s rugged Upper Peninsula, where her family shares its ten wooded acres with black bears, wolves, coyotes, deer and bald eagles. Naomi and her family live only three miles from Lake Superior, where the scenery is beautiful and they average 200 inches of snow per winter. To learn more about Naomi and her novels, visit her website at www.NaomRawlings.com. You can also find her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/author.naomirawlings.
 


20 comments:

  1. Loved interview. I follow your blog. jrs362 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for great review. I follow by speed burner.
    I just read Naomi's book The Wyoming Heir and loved it! so I am really looking forward to The Soldier's Secret. It looks great.
    Naomi that is a lot of snow but I am sure it is beautiful.
    thank you
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is very beautiful, Jackie! And I'm so glad you liked The Wyoming Heir. I hope you like The Soldier's Secrets as well. :-)

      Delete
  3. I've not read any of Naomi's books yet. Thanks for the chance to correct that!

    I follow via GFC

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good book, thank you for the chance to win it.

    wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a feedburner follower of your blog, Debbie ~ Naomi, Belanger is one of the names the three brothers took when they left a farm to travel to the new world from France through Canada ~ my husband's great-grandfather was Peter Belanger who came from France and settled in Canada. His son took a different last name, resulting in our last name being another variant. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House
    lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting, Lane! Yes, I did know Belanger was French, but how very cool to be able to tie that very surname to your own family history!

      Delete
    2. And I have won the copy of your The Soldier's Secrets here! I enjoyed Michel Belanger's story in Sanctuary for a Lady and wonder if Michel and Jean Paul are related?
      Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

      Delete
  6. Very interesting! :) I really like the Love Inspired books and this one sounds great! ;) Great interview as well! :)

    Blessings, Amada (pronounced: a.m.a.th.a)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. Love Inspired books are great for many reasons, aren't they?

      Delete
  7. Lovely post with Naomi! Thank you!
    I follow via bloglovin and email
    campbellamyd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone! Thanks for stopping by today and your interest in The Soldier's Secrets. I apologize for being a little late to the party. We had a doctor's appointment today and about 9 hours of traveling to accompany it, so it's been a rather long day. But I'm looking forward to reading your comments and answering any questions you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to visit Mackinac Island (spelling?) It sounds like you live up there somewhere! We visit lighthouses and the lights of the Great Lakes are on my bucket list.
    I have not read any of your books but hope to soon.
    I follow your blog. wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, SM. Yes, there were over 200 lighthouses in Michigan alone operating at the end of the 1800s. Lots of places to visit, indeed! (And even a couple that you can stay in if you want). I'm pretty far away from Mackinac Island, but a lot of the terrain is the same. I'm personally on Lake Superior, while Mackinac Island is in Lake Huron.

      Delete
  10. Fun post - I understand not coming forth with the story of your craziest thing you've done -don't think I'd admit mine either! =) truckredford(at)gmail(Dot)Com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview, thanks for the chance to win it.

    arieljo12 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    Janella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naomi this book sounds really good. I would love to win it. Thanks Debbie for having Naomi today. And thank you both for this give-away. I am a follower by Feedburner. Please put my name in for the drawing. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a follower and I think The Soldier's Secret sounds like a great book. Thank you for the giveaway.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete