Monday, March 17, 2014

Cass Wessel

Please welcome Cass Wessel to my blog this week. 
 
Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth.
I’m sitting at the kitchen table in my track pants and fuzzy sweater with my Golden Retriever, Elliot, snoring nearby.

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research?
That would be something that concerns women’s health. Before the mid-twentieth century, a disease known as “childbed fever” occurred immediately after childbirth. Lack of proper sanitation and antibiotics caused a death rate of 75% from the most virulent form of puerperal fever. 

What is something that very few people know about you?
Every year my father bought a red heart filled with chocolate candies for my Valentine’s birthday.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)
Other than my NIV Bible, I guess that would be my laptop I use to write.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future, when and where would that be and why?
That’s easy. I’d live in Galilee when Jesus was alive and be among His women followers. 

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be? “Unbelievable”
Because that’s what my life has been, unbelievable.

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story?
I’ve been an avid reader from childhood. The first book that springs to mind was “The Black Stallion” by Walter Farley, but as an adult I identified with Father Tim in “At Home in Mitford” by Jan Karon.

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)?
In Seminary, I loved discovering the words and thoughts of early church writers. Many were in poetic format and probably chanted. Poetry is memorable and the chanted voice projects better.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Study ancient Κοινή (Koine) Greek poetic sermons and hymnody. I bet you’re thinking how useful was that? So far, not very.

ABOUT CASS WESSEL:

Cass Wessel spends her time reading and crafting stories to win the heart. Her current work in progress, “To Cherish Levi” is an Amish novel set in the mid-twentieth century. She is also in the process of editing an historical novel, “To Cherish a Prodigal,” set during Prohibition. She has many published devotionals, a few contributions in denominational magazines, anthologies and other books. She attended the ACFW Conference this last September and attends the annual Writing Success Conferences. In the latter, she has won medals for her writing and poetry three years in a row. Cass lives with her dog in Tionesta, PA where she attends church. She’s a mother, grandmother, and retired minister. Her website “Words About the Word” and blogs, “The Word Heart Written” and “Poetic Musings” are found at www.wordsabouttheword.com

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the interview.
    I am a feedburner follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie for this opportunity to share with you and your readers. You have blessed all of us beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiction Addiction Fix has quit coming to my email! I resubscribed but it said I was already a subscriber! Sorry, didn't know where else to send this?

    ReplyDelete