Monday, February 3, 2014

Love Finds Faith by Martha Rogers ends February 10th




 Please welcome Martha Rogers to my blog this week. Martha is giving away a copy of her new release Love Finds Faith. Leave a comment and your email addy to be entered. Don't forget to let me know if you are a feedburner follower for an extra entry.

For my second book in the Homeward Journey series, I chose a prodigal as my hero because I’m drawn to those to whom God gives a second chance. I did a switch and used the older son returning to find his younger bro
ther unforgiving and angry. So many times a son or daughter may leave home because they are not happy with the way life is going in the family or they are eager to strike out on their own.
When the son or daughter leaves in anger or frustration, their choices may take them to dark places that are completely outside of what God would have them do. Many parents who have had a prodigal know the heartbreak and agony of not knowing where the son or daughter is or what is going on in his or her life. Other parents do know what is happening and face the heartbreak and hurt of seeing their child ruin his or her life.
There’s just something about the prodigal that appeals to me. I want my readers to see and feel the parents’ love as a representation of our Heavenly Father’s love. When a prodigal or any sinner seeks true forgiveness and repents before the Father, He is quick to forgive and love unconditionally.
Giving our heroes and heroines flaws with which readers can identify leads them to see God and Jesus as more than names in the Bible or names to be heard in church. God loves the sinner while He rejects the sin. This is the message to be conveyed when we write about a prodigal’s return to the Father.
No sin is too big or too terrible that God will not forgive the sinner in true repentance and confession of that sin.
When we use ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances, we strengthen our testimony and our witness through our writing. For this reason, all of my books stress the theme of reconciliation and restoration either man to man or man to God.
Love Finds Faith leads our prodigal hero on a journey that takes him places he doesn’t want to go as he copes with a life forced on him by circumstances that arise because of his return. Two women, his mother and the heroine won’t let him fall prey to what he left when he came back. It is their faith that leads the hero to a new understanding of God’s love.
What is the underlying theme of your stories? Have you used a prodigal to be an example of how God is always waiting for our return to Him? 



 


Hannah Dyer has just moved to Texas to help her brother-in-law in his medical practice. Despite her handicap of having one leg much shorter than the other, she is a great nurse whose skills help make the practice the most successful in the area.
 
When Micah Gordon returns home after some shady escapades, his father hopes he will settle down to ranch life. Hannah is smitten by his good looks and roguish ways, but because of her leg, she has no hopes of attracting his attention.
 
After Micah suffers a tragic loss, he loses his faith and almost loses his ranch. Can Hannah’s care and staunch faith help him on the road to recovery with a new hope, new faith, and a new love?

 
 MORE ABOUT MARTHA:
Martha Rogers is a free-lance writer and the author of the Winds Across the Prairie and Seasons of the Heart series as well as the novella, Key to Her Heart in River Walk Christmas and Not on the Menu in Sugar and Grits. Love Stays True, the first book in her third series, The Homeward Journey, is now available. She was named Writer of the Year at the Texas Christian Writers Conference in 2009 and is a member of ACFW and writes the weekly Verse of the Week for the ACFW Loop. In addition to fiction, Martha has contributed to compilations by Wayne Holmes, Debra White-Smith and Karen O’ Connor as well as various devotion books. Martha is a frequent speaker for writing workshops and the Texas Christian Writers Conference. She is a retired teacher and lives in Houston with her husband, Rex. Their favorite pastime is spending time with their nine grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.



 

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would love to read. I like a story about a prodigal.
    I am a feedburner follower.

    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan. Thanks for coming by and for being a follower. I love to see a prodigal come home, too. Fun stories.

      Delete
  2. I've read and enjoyed a few of Martha's books, this one sounds good!

    I follow via feedburner.

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, Patty. Thanks for being a follower. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed her books before! I am a follower with feedburner as well. I love Martha's books as they are easy to read, but hold a good message! martha(at)lclink(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best kind of books IMO. I love to be able to sail through the pages. Thanks for being a follower and good luck!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great book and would make an excellent addition on my books shelf.

    I follow via email.

    Katie J.
    johnsonk133 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I have a collection too! I love my library. Fun to just sit and look at all my books. LOL> Thanks for being a follower! Good luck, Katie.

      Delete
  5. Sounds great!
    I follow via email.
    bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog and for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This sounds like are good book! :)

    Thank you for the opportunity to win it!

    Blessings, Amada (pronounced: a.m.a.th.a) Chavez

    I am a Feedburner Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amada! Glad you came by, Good luck and thanks for being a follower!

      Delete
  7. I have read some of Martha's books before and look forward to Love Finds Faith. The excerpt looks great and I am sure it would be a great read. Thank you
    I follow by feedburner
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, glad you enjoyed reading about Martha's book. Good luck in the drawing.

      Delete
  8. Hello to Debbie and Martha. I would love to meet Martha as she is a near neighbor in the next town over from me. I am happy to have another chance to win another of her good books. And, it's always nice to get the first in a series. She is a very busy lady. Debbie, I am a follower by Feedburner. Please give me two entries to win this book. Thanks, and GOD bless you both.
    Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool to be Martha's neighbor, Maxie. Maybe you two will meet up someday. Thanks for being a follower. Good luck.

      Delete
  9. Ooh, prodigal stories are wonderful! What a grand reminder that God does indeed love everyone of us ~ even when we mess up. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and thanks for the fun and the opportunity to win!

    kjv1611as at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Amanda. We all mess up and God still loves us in spite of our short comings. The prodigal is a wonderful way to reach out and remind us of God's great love.

      Delete
  10. Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving your comments. Someday I hope you and I can meet, Maxie. The story of the prodigal son in the Bible always gives me hope, and if my readers see that same hope in their own lives, then that's all the better. This one still has my family members names, and Molly is somewhat like my Great-aunt Alice, but this book is pure fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chance to read this wonderful novel.
    I'm a follower, too :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have Martha's books in the Church Library. Her book, "Love Finds Faith" would be a wonderful addition to our library.

    ReplyDelete