Monday, January 20, 2014

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman by Carole Brown ends January 27th

Please welcome Carole Brown to my blog this week. Carole is giving away a copy of her book,
The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman. Print for anyone who promises to do a review; kindle otherwise. Answer one of the questions I asked Carole to be entered. Also, don't forget to tell me if you are a follower for you second entry and don't forget to leave your email addy.

Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth.
Bedroom/office, one of my favorite places (love my big, refinished desk, shelves crammed-full of things I love.  And I’m wearing nighties. How’s that for a confession?

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research?
Loved learning about tattoos which figured heavily in The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman. It was important to find the right one that fit the story and especially went along with the very first chapter. Wow, I couldn’t believe all the tattoos I saw!

What is something that very few people know about you? Hmmm. Only one? I’ve attempted to learn several musical instruments including: guitar, harmonica, clarinet, accordion, sax, and piano. Most, I just lost interest. One I succeeded in a minor way.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)Besides my computers, I’d have to pick my huge grandfather’s clock. Love every bit about it.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future,  when and where would that be and why?
WWII or the turn of the century. Love how the country exploded with growth and how our men and women came together to serve their country. Fascinating stuff.

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be?OH, great! Love the question but it caught me unaware. Let’s see, how about:

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story?
Well, I love Jane Austen’s books so they would be one of my choices. And confession, though I write and adore suspense books, I’m not brave enough to live through all the escapades I send my characters into. Lol.

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)?Oh, dear, do I have to say? We had some parishioners who were certain my husband was FBI. Of course, he carried it out to the extreme. It was fun while it lasted, Agent 92045. LOL! I bet that was fun!

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Sat in a cornfield shucking corn with a witch doctor’s wife and listening to her tales and life story. Interesting!

Thank you for allowing me to visit!
It was fun having you here!



How far would YOU go to avenge a daughter’s cruel death? Cara is considered rebellious and inappropriate to befriend. Dayne is the apple of Elder Simmons’ eye—until he takes a stand against their teachings. Can his prayers and love reach Cara and show her the way to redemption? Will Cara realize God’s love and forgiveness before she goes too far?

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman is a novel of hope shining through the darkness with strong elements of suspense and romance. This novel was a semifinalist in the Genesis contest and is receiving raving reviews! Release date was October 21, 2013 from the Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. The link for the book which is on SALE NOW, is:


Amazon Kindle:  http://amzn.to/17gf97c
Amazon Print: http://amzn.to/1btCwrg
BooksaMillion: http://bit.ly/1dUlVzS


MORE ABOUT CAROLE


Besides being a member and active participant of many writing groups, Carole Brown enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense and tough topics into her books, along with a touch of romance and whimsy, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons?



Connect with her here:

I also am part of several other blogs:
Barn Door Book Loft: http://www.barndoorbookloft.net/

8 comments:

  1. I would love to read this book. Thank you for sharing and thank you for what you do.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie, for commenting, and certainly hope you do get the chance to read the book. It's an intense book, but I truly hope it also encourages others to support and do what they can for the abused of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I can't sleep and it's 4:4am and I am in my robe with a blanket over me and reading emails. I am in our den. I would love to win and read THE REDEMPTION OF CARALYNNE HAYMAN and I have a Kindle. I do reviews but can't get to it right away.
    I am a follower of your blog.
    sharon, ca wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to review this book. I am a follower of your blog. I want to be in any book where there is a large, loving family and community.

    bcrug(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline,
    I would love to read and review your book in paperback The Redemption Of Caralynne Hayman.
    I frequently review books for The Book Club Network, It may take me about 2 weeks or so.
    I love the characters first name so uncommon but pretty. Looking forward to reading this,
    I am follower of this blog and sub.
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Debbie, I just became a follower! I promise to review Carole's book. Title of my Life Story: LOVE LIFTED ME email: caryl.mcadoo@yahoo.com
    I wanna win! I wanna win! I wanna win! I keep seeing this book and I'm going to have to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had it in print so I could share it. I've already done a review but only have it in a pdf on my computer. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jackie! You won The Redemption Of Caralynne Hayman. Watch for an email coming your way!

    ReplyDelete