Monday, November 11, 2013

Taming the Sheriff by Cynthia Hickey ends November 14th

                                                               
                                                             
Please Welcome Cynthia Hickey back to my blog. Cynthia is giving away a copy of Taming the Sheriff. To be entered to win answer the question, Has your dreams ever changed and if so how? Looking forward to hearing about your dreams! Be sure to leave your email addy and let me know if you are a follower for an extra entry.                                                          


                                                                 DREAMS CHANGE

I’ve been making up stories since I was little. Almost since the time I learned to read. Interestingly enough, I wanted to be a teacher. Being an author didn’t occur to me in any shape or form, although I always wrote my stories down. No, I was pretty emphatic about being a teacher.
    Funny how God often has other plans. I didn’t go to college (kind of need to in order to be a teacher). I got married right out of high school when my boyfriend joined the Air Force. It wasn’t until my second marriage and almost twenty years later that I became a teacher of sorts. First, girl scouts, then Sunday school for ten years, then foster care for nine more years, then I worked in an Elementary School as a Detention Monitor. Maybe not a teacher in the normal sense, but still a teacher all the same.
    And, I kept on writing my stories down. While working at the Elementary School, I had opportunities to write while supervising students. As time went by, I wrote more and dealt less with children. My dream was changing.
    Or…was teaching ever what I was meant to do in the first place? Was I stepping outside of God’s will for me? Sure, I was ministering, in a way, to His flock, but did God want me to take all those story ideas He gave me and put them in the pages of a book?
    I entered a time of introspection. Now, with one teenager still at home, God has given me the gift of full-time writing. Isn’t it funny how He can change your dream? Or did He?







Charlotte Nelson arrives in the tiny mountain town of Plumville, Arkansas, with big ideas. She wants to mend the decades-old town feud by throwing a Christmas pageant. But it soon proves to be a challenge, especially when three of her students are determined matchmakers. She's in no hurry to settle down—certainly not with the rugged, handsome sheriff.

Sheriff Asher Thomas can handle most trouble that comes his way, but Charlotte's flashing eyes and black curls are a threat of a different kind. Soon she's taking over his time and his thoughts. Will Asher change his bachelor ways for love?













More about Cynthia:
Multi-published author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries published through Barbour Publishing, with a novella releasing in March 2013. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013 and 2014 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”. Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com






21 comments:

  1. I like the life the Lord led me into much better than the one I had planned when I graduated high school. Shortly after, I met and married my husband of 31 years. We've shared our dreams together. I have one dream that may or may not come to fruition someday but once again it is entirely up the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with us, Anne. And good luck!

      Delete
  2. Of course my dreams have changed. The life I thought I wanted is nowhere near the life I'm loving! I just needed to stop fighting and allowing Him to control me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina, Isn't that the truth? We have to stop fighting God because what he has planned for us is so much more than we could ever dream. Thanks so much for sharing. Good Luck.

      Delete
  3. God plans for me were much better then my own dreams. He knew what would make my heart the happiest and He gave it to me. I thought I was reaching with my own dreams, but God's plans for me would have been me dreaming to touch the stars if I was to accomplish it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to leave my email....amccalli(at)gmail(dot)(com)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing. God is amazing. If we all could always remember that God's way is always the best way. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I think if I knew, back then, the things God would have me doing now, I'd have been scared to death! :D There's so much molding and shaping He does, to bring us to certain places He wants to use us. It's awesome! Please toss my name in the hat for this giveaway! I LOVE the premise of this story!!!
    emily_reynolds (at) Hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tossing your name in the hat now, Emily. Thanks for coming by and for sharing! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. OH yes, dreams change. Some are hard to give up when you don't see a better option at the time. God never makes mistakes. :)
    lattebooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Susan! He never does. When I look at how God has changed my dreams it is amazing how much I enjoy doing what I am. I'm so thankful that God is choosing my path!

      Delete
  6. My husband and I had a dream but it took years for that dream to become a reality. We look back and see how God placed unique stepping stones to get us ready for living that dream. :)
    worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one dream that we've had and God hasn't changed, but is bringing to fruition right now. We've wanted horses and a small farm since we married. I have my horses and now we have our land and are in the process of seeing our dream come true.

      Delete
  7. I've never married which was a dream that did not happen. So, I was going to work until a certain age and retire. My Mother and I had plans of traveling. Recently, I became disabled because of a medical error with serious complications. So, my dreams have changed a lot, but even though I don't understand, I lean on the Lord because He knows what's happening and He's with me. Book sounds fantastic. Thank you for the chance of winning this giveaway and please enter my name.
    Barbara Thompson
    barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Barbara, what a great testimony you have. Your love of the Lord and your trust in Him shows. God bless you. I'm so sorry that you didn't see these dreams come true. I hope the Lord has an amazing surprise for you! Good luck and thanks for letting me know you're a feedburner follower.

      Delete
  8. Also, I am a FeedBurner follower!!

    Barbara Thompson
    barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess the only 'real' dream I ever had was that I'd love to be able to write. After many 'dumb sounding' attempts that made more sense in the trash than for someone else to read, lol, I did give it up and now enjoy reading books by many great authors.

    wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a GFC follower (wfnren) and by feedburner.

    wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a book I would enjoy reading. I never remember dreaming big dreams when growing up except marrying, Becoming a mother and all of this came trough like I now have 18 great-grandchildren. I love my family GOD blessed me with. I don't know about being called a dream, but I married at barely 16 but had no thot's of staying in the town whee my parents lived. Well, my asthma kept getting worse and doctor suggested going back to lower Texas. But I suppose this is where GOD wanted me to be.One dream I had was to have a white with a porch all across the front and a porch swing like my grandmother had when I was growing up. Never happened. Almost did. We got an old house to make it come true but needed way to many repairs which we couldn't afford. Now I sorta call it a dream, but I would so love to visit Amish country, but there I still don't have the money to go. But I love the Lord and he's given many miracles and watches over us. So, I am happy. Please put my name in. Maxie
    mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dreams have changed a lot. Growing up I wanted to be a Secretary in a school. At 17 I started working through Office Occupations at a job I would work senior year. I stayed there until I met and married my husband. We moved to Arizonia. I never worked in a school, but I taught 44 years children in church. jrs362 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree they do change . I am so glad that I never finished college but instead became a mom and then a wife. I know that is backwards but I was raped as a girl and then met and married my husband later after having my daughter. I always wanted to be a wife and Mamma, so that part came true. Thank you for the chance to win this book. I am 49 now and have 7 children ages 5 to 30.
    Linda Finn
    faithfulacresbooks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete