Monday, November 18, 2013

Diane Dean White



Welcome Diane Dean White. It's good to have you here this week. 
 
Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth.
I’m in the computer room where my hubby and I both have our computers and where I’m up early each morning writing on mine. I have a lounge robe on and its night time. I’m surrounded with photos of my loved ones, my first magazine column the editor framed, and an old antique desk with more photos and memorabilia on it. We have a window that faces the Gulf of Mexico and from the fifth floor we have a beautiful view of evening sunsets.

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research?
I think having someone in Florida tell me that the Klan never existed when reading some of my writing. I attended college in Florida and knew that wasn’t true, and I had a lot of evidence in my research and numerous books that were written to confirm it.

What is something that very few people know about you?
I love antiques and have a miniature slipper collection made of glass and china; and also eggs, which are mostly china. I love teacups and used to do story-book theme teas for young girls from our church. Two of our three grown children are overseas and bring thimbles from their travels. One of my first short-stories I wrote is called “Grandma’s Thimble,” which was the beginning of my collection.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)
I don’t own a copy of Gone with the Wind, but I have some favorite pieces of furniture that belonged to both sets of grandparents. An old beveled curio cabinet means a lot to me, and belonged to my grandmother. And an old oak secretary with a desk that comes out and book shelves, where I keep my collectibles was part of my other grandparents home for as long as I remember.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, past or future,  when and where would that be and why?
I think the Lord put me in this time period for a special reason. I think back to the past and although living in the 1800’s may have been exciting, I can’t imagine not having powder rooms facilities and making trips outside at night. I’m fine in this time period. J

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be?
Like the song, “One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus.”

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story?
In high school, it was CHRISTY.

What is the biggest secret you ever kept (of course it can’t be a secret anymore)?
Oh, I’m a secret’s best friend, and I’ve held onto some good ones, and I still am. J

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
They would be along the line of using baker soda instead of powder and cooking mistakes when we were first married. Before that….let me count the ways; I had a lot of fun and good friends to enjoy doing things with.

More about Diane:

Diane started her writing career at an early age when she asked for a typewriter for Christmas. She pounded the keys writing poetry and short stories in grade school on an old black Royal manual. It wasn’t until her husband’s work took them to a southern town she wrote her first column, “Yankee Viewpoint’s” for a local newspaper, covering hard news and feature stories in the area. Upon returning to their home-state of Michigan, she did stringer work, ancestral history, and donor appeal letters for non-profit organizations; while doing her favorite job ever, as a stay-at-home Mom. She is the author of Beach Walks and Carolina in the Morning. Diane was a columnist for a weekly magazine, for four years, and her stories have appeared in a number of magazines and books. She is the author of over three-hundred short stories. Her book, newly released, On a Summer Night, is a story of suspense and romance. She and hubby, Stephen, have been married for forty-one years, and they are the parents of three grown children and three grand-gals. Diane thanks the Lord daily for her loving husband, three great kids and for giving her the desires of her heart.


On A Summer Night, Kate and Vanessa hadn’t planned on the summer night that changed their lives. Could they have imagined the darkness that descended and how awful fear could be? The area with beauty and sweeping moss, gentle palm trees and Florida breezes was wrapped with the memory of the awful evening. They played at being cheerful and returned home to yet another sorrow. Times steals away from the 60’s, and the memory of what happened was hidden in the recesses of Kate’s mind. She and her husband, newly retired returned to the winter home where so many memories were stored. Can she trust God to help her find forgiveness? Will her husband understand? She knew he needed to hear her story.



Visit Diane on her website at www.DianeDeanWhite.com
Her ministry, Seeds of Encouragement, for hurting people. http://www.dianedeanwhite.com/seedsofencouragement.html
Like her on Facebook:
Diane’s book is available at all online booksellers, and below:
Youtube video, click below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBYBDf5jm4

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. I liked Diane answer about "One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus." I sing that song in church often and I have to live it. Life can get so bothersome, we all must take each day as best we can.

    Diane Dean White is an awesome writer. I have read On a Summer Night as well as Carolina in the Morning, (Available on Amazon.) I enjoy both books very much. Anyone who wants to read a novel that makes you feel like you right beside the characters will enjoy her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the interview with Diane. So nice she is a Blessing to so many with her garden. I will look for her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being such an encourager God bless you
    Chris Granville

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read your book I thought, "This is a woman who loves much, and is loved much." It comes through in every line! Thank you for the excellent read!

    ReplyDelete