Monday, August 13, 2012

To Dance Once More by Sherri Wilson Johnson ends August 20th

Sherri Wilson Johnson is an Inspirational Romance novelist, a speaker, social media junkie, and a former homeschooling mom who loves to share God with others, while sharing her life experiences with them. She lives in Georgia with her husband and two children. She loves to dream of romantic places and romance in general. She’s a bird-watcher, loves the ocean, dolphins, roller coasters, tigers, ice cream, her family and her Chihuahua, who faithfully sits by her side every day when she writes. She longs to do something exciting like sky diving one day. Sherri is the author of To Dance Once More (OakTara) and Song of the Meadowlark (due out in August by OakTara). She is currently writing To Dance Once More’s sequel, To Laugh Once More, and is polishing her novel, After the Raging Storm. She enjoys writing Bible Study guides, homeschool resources, and articles on a wide variety of topics.

Sherri is giving away an e-copy of To Dance Once More. Leave a comment to be entered.

Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth. I’m in the living room on my couch wearing my favorite stretchy pants and t-shirt, watching the Olympics.

What is the funniest, strangest, or most interesting thing you have learned when doing research? I guess I would have to say the most interesting thing I have learned most recently in my research would be how in the first few decades of the 20th century young women were no longer being betrothed to men they didn’t love or even know well. They went off to the universities to find men of their own. They were bolder in their attempts and not all ladies had a goal of marriage in mind. Women didn’t mind being called a broad, a dame, the cat’s meow, or a doll. And a girl called a “charity girl” was a girl who didn’t save herself for marriage. Of course, the vast majority held true to the traditional family structure.

If you were told you were being sent back to live in the 19th Century, and you could bring one thing from today, what would that be? My laptop! It has the Bible on it and all my writing files and many family pictures.

What is something that very few people know about you? Surprisingly, many people don’t know I’m a writer. It’s kind of strange but a lot of folks I’ve known for years still seem shocked when I say I’m published.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair) I guess I would have to say my favorite material item is my mother’s study Bible. It’s marked with notes that I treasure.

If you could live in any time period other than the one we live in, when and where would that be and why? I’d love to live in the Victorian times at the beach in Florida (the setting of To Dance Once More.) I love the simpler times and I love the beach.

Do you think birth order affects the way you write? Birth order affects me as a person so I suppose it affects my writing as well. I’ve never really given much thought to it. I am a second born and very free spirited. I think that free spirit and a creative mind plays into how I write.

If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be? A Pocketful of Posey because my Chihuahua Posey is by my side every minute of the day and makes life quite interesting! Seriously though, I think it would be something like Striving to Be a Refined Woman of God.

What one novel did you read that made you want to be a part of the story? Most recently, Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer.

All Lydia wants is to travel the world before she has to settle down with a husband. But she may not have that choice anymore.
April 1886
Debutante Lydia Jane Barrington lives a carefree, protected existence on Live Oaks Plantation in Florida. But while her sisters happily learn the traditional tasks of women and talk of courting, Lydia dreams of adventure and independence. Even her friendship with handsome Hamilton Scarbrough isn’t enough to hold her back.
Then one day Hamilton opens Lydia’s eyes and her heart to love. But before they can receive permission to court, Lydia overhears a secret conversation about an unscrupulous business deal. Worse, it has everything to do with her and her future. Now she’s faced with the biggest decision of her life—to concede or to fight. Either choice will require great sacrifice…and, perhaps, countless rewards.
Passion. Friendship. A bitter enemy. A life-changing decision.
Set in Victorian-era Florida.

 Sherri Wilson Johnson
Where Faith and Fiction Collide
To Dance Once More (OakTara) September 2011
Song of the Meadowlark (OakTara) August 2012
To Laugh Once More (OakTara) Fall 2012
http://sherriwilsonjohnson.com
http://sherrijinga.wordpress.com
http://sherriwilsonjohnson.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/#!/swj_thewriter
http://nicoleodell.com/sherri-wilson-johnson-on-inspiring-purity/
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5233294.Sherri_Wilson_Johnson


DOUBLE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING by following my blog with Powered by FEEDBURNER on the right, and don't miss any giveaways (the button with the flame). If you already follow my blog go ahead and follow by FEEDBURNER so you can be entered twice. If you're not getting an email telling you I have a new giveaway you're not following through Feedburner. Just mention that you follow through Feedburner when you leave a comment with each giveaway and you'll be entered twice.

Be sure to leave your email address. Please check your junk mail on and the day after the drawing. I've had to redraw because of no responses. Subject box will have: winner of (book title). I'll email the winner and they'll have seven days to respond. If I don't hear back I'll draw another name. USA shipping only. Thanks so much and please stop back again! Drawing will be held Monday, August 20, 8:00 A.M. EST. Offer void where prohibited. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants.


34 comments:

  1. What a delicate/dangerous position to be in. Would love to win this book and learn the outcome!

    desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

    I'm already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda,

      Thanks for stopping by! Good luck! And thanks for follwoing!

      Delete
  2. I love inspirational romance books...and I would love to win I am a follower through feedburner...I have shared on twitter and facebook too..............babyruthmac16ATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all those shares. And thanks for following my blog. You're awesome! Good luck!

      Delete
  3. The house in the background is so cool. I love historical homes.
    bskaggs(at)zoominternet(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Teddy. Me too! Where ever we go I always like to go through the historic district. Houses used to have so much character.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it just beautiful?!!! Thanks for taking time to comment.

      Delete
  4. Would love to win this book. I follow by GFC, Networked Blogs and Feedburner.

    wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck, Wendy and thanks for being a follower.

      Delete
  5. Sherri's novel sounds like it would be a really good read. This was a great interview! Thanks!

    campbellamyd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I agree it sounds like a good read and the cover is beautiful.

      Delete
  6. I'm a feedburner subscriber.

    campbellamyd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting! Would love to win a copy.

    patty
    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    I am a follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patty! Thanks for stopping by. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Patty! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

      Delete
  8. The cover of this book is beautiful...not that I judge a book by its cover:) This book also sounds very interesting, I would love to read it!

    mafinnegan(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, you're so funny!!! Please, judge the book by its cover. :)

      Delete
  9. I love, love, love the cover of this novel, and was super impressed the first time I saw it.

    snowboundintheup (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful. I like the title too! Hubby and I love to ball room dance so it caught my eye right away.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Naomi!!! I think my publisher did an awesome job on the cover!

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to read your book!

    missionwife@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody, thanks for coming by! good luck.

      Delete
  11. Great interview! I learned a few things about the adventerous Sherri that I didn't know. :)(We live in the same area). I'd love to win a copy of your book since I don't have it yet. I like all the book covers! See you for lunch soon, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maggie,

      Thanks so much for stopping by. Good Luck!

      Delete
  12. Would love to win! The cover is beautiful! I have signed up to follow you on reed burner
    likesmusic2@consolidated.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thanks for following on Feedburner! Good luck!!

      Delete
  13. It's nice to hear about another author in Georgia. I agree with most of your interests except for roller coasters and tigers. They are okay from a distance, just to look at, but I would not want to ride on either one!

    A friend told me this week that the Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia has gotten a bit wobbley and she won't ride it anymore. Wise choice! I will do the Dahlonega Mine Car.

    Your book sounds really good. I use to visit relatives in Florida so it would be interesting to get some historical background of that area. Thanks for offering your book.

    Blessings,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love reading books about areas I'm interested in. I have family in Florida. Hot state. LOL. But many say SC is too. heehee Good luck.

      Delete
  14. I am at the computer wearing long sleeved pjs because I am cold. Turned most all fans off. Please enter me to win. Computer is in dining room.
    jrs362 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! And thanks for following my blog and being so faithful.

      Delete