Monday, June 18, 2012

Miss Aggie's Gone Missing by Frances L. Devine Ends June 25th

 
Frances L. Devine grew up in the great state of Texas, where she wrote her first story at the age of nine. She moved to Southwest Missouri nearly thirty years ago and fell in love with the hills, the fall colors, and Silver Dollar City. Frances has always loved to read, especially cozy mysteries, and considers herself blessed to have the opportunity to write in her favorite genre. She is the mother of seven adult children and has fourteen wonderful grandchildren. Frances is happy to hear from her fans. Leave a comment at www.facebook.com/francesdevineauthor or email her at fdevine1@gmail.com


Frances has graciously offered to give away a copy of Miss Aggie's Gone Missing in an option of different ebook forms. If you've already read this book she had offered to give you a choice of one of the other ebooks. Be sure to leave a comment to be entered and don't forget to leave your email addy and let me know if you are a follower. 

Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth.
I’m in my living room and I’m wearing pajamas.

Do your characters ever give you surprises when you are writing? Can you give us an example if they do and if they don’t do you know why?
They absolutely do sometimes. Miss Aggie totally surprised me in her second book when she decided to walk out in the middle of an investigation.

What is something that very few people know about you?
I like doo wop music.

Can you tell something about this book or in writing it that is maybe a behind the scenes that we’d find interesting?
I was in my 60s when I was first published.

If you could live in any time period when and where would that be and why?
This one. This is where God put me.

If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
London. I’ve always longed to go there. Maybe because London is the setting for so many of my favorite books.

What is your favorite material item that you own (examples: ipod, Gone with the Wind book, grandmother’s rocking chair)
My Bible and my Photo albums.
 The Miss Adventures of Miss Aggie
The Misadventures of Miss Aggie series was originally written for Barbour’s former cozy mystery bookclub.  Recently, those of us who wrote for that line received the rights back to our books. With the help of MacGregor Literary Agency, some of us decided to give our mysteries a new home in e-book form.
The new line, Spyglass Lane Mysteries, is doing very well, especially on Amazon.  My series is about a young woman name Victoria Storm who inherits a converted hunting lodge/mansion which is now a boarding house for a group of senior citizens, long-time friends who can’t seem to stay out of trouble.
Titles: 
Miss Aggie’s Gone Missing
Miss Aggie Cries Murder
Rest in Peace, Miss Aggie

These books and the other Spyglass Lane cozy mysteries can be purchased for kindle at www.amazon.com . For other formats and to see a list of the books visit www.spyglasslanemysteries.com.

At 10:29 a.m., on a cold day in January, the Cedar Chapel Bank was robbed.

At 5:41 that same afternoon, Aggie Pennington-Brown was declared missing. Victoria Storm, new owner of Cedar Lodge Boardinghouse, and her elderly boarders reluctantly agree with Sheriff Turner’s conclusion—Miss Aggie’s been kidnapped by the robbers. But when secrets and long-lost loves begin to surface from their missing friend’s past, a horrible possibility arises. Could someone they know and love have harmed Miss Aggie? Could it be one of them?

As Victoria and her elderly friends attempt to solve the mystery and locate Miss Aggie, more secrets are revealed until Victoria begins to wonder if there is anyone she can trust—including, or perhaps especially, the dashing local reporter, Ben Grant.

21 comments:

  1. London is a place on my bucket list, too. I know it doesn't count, but the illustrated 1800's London from A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey) was so amazing it felt like being there!
    Wonderful interview ladies. Lord bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlfriend! Maybe we can do London together. thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. The Miss Aggie series sounds interesting and it is also interesting to be the setting in many of Frances' books when she hasnt been there. Goes to show how creative writers can be. Enjoyed the interview and am inspired that Frances wasnt published until in her 60s - that is awesome. Keep following your passion, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Lisa. It is awesome that she got published after 60!

      Delete
  3. Lisa, I meant that London is the setting of so many books i love to read. I've never written about it. But maybe I will. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances is a new author for me, and I would love to win your book to read Frances. Enjoyed the interview too!!
    Blessings.....Joy
    ibjoy1953[at]yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Joy. good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Joy. God bless you today.

      Delete
  5. Frances is new to me, too. I do love a cozy mystery. I love the concept of elderly people getting into trouble and Victoria having to get them out of a jam. Sounds like fun!

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's also fun when they have to get her out of jams. :) I enjoyed writing the Miss Aggie books more than anything else I've written.

      Delete
  6. Miss Aggie sounds like a fun character. Although the title of that last book, Rest in Peace, Miss Aggie, has me a little worried for her. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You never know until you read it.

      Delete
    2. I'm enjoying all the fun comments. I hope everyone has a blessed day, full of joy.

      Delete
  7. Miss Aggie sounds to be a real live wire full of mischief or does trouble just follow her around like an old dog? Sounds like a fun read.

    KJB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun book, and a good summer read! Thanks for doing a giveaway.
    Blessings,

    Linore

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pleasure, Linore. And yes, anonymous, Miss Aggie is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun mystery, Frances! I'd love to go to London, too! My favorite books were set in England: Jane Austen's books, Jane Eyre, Charles Dickens' books ...
    May God bless your writing, Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Aggie sounds like such an interesting character! The cover makes it look mysterious.

    I am a follower.

    pbclark(at)netins(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Melanie. I love all those too. Especially Dickens. And rubynreba a young man named Drew Spencer was my designer for the cover. He's now working on books 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sound like a great book. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sharon. And thanks to everyone who has posted. Debbie, it's been an honor to be on The Sword and Spirit. Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete