I'm happy to have Lena Nelson Dooley with me this week on my blog. Be sure to leave a post for a chance to win Lena's new book, Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico.
1) Where are you right now (LVR, DR, Bathroom) and what are you wearing? You have to tell the truth.
I am in my home office, sitting at my computer, wearing a jungle print outfit. Should I roar?
2) Who's your one biggest fan/supporter of your writing?
There are quite a few. My best friend is a missionary. She and her married daughters and her sisters are really big fans. But there are many more who have told me they love my books.
3) What is your favorite time period to write in?
I actually work in my office from about 8 am – 9 am, then 11 am – 2 pm, then 3 pm – 6 pm most days.
4) If you could be any character in any literary book who would you be and why?
I usually want to be in the book that I’m reading right now, whatever time book it is.
5) They say what a person would take from a burning building tells a lot about them. If you could only save one thing (nothing living) from your home, what would that be?
My external hard drive that I backup everything on.
6) Have you written any other Love Finds You stories or do you plan to write more?
Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico, is my only Love Finds You story at this time. Who knows what the future will hold.
7) Did anyone inspire you to write?God told me to become a professional writer. I give the testimony of that on this page of my blog: http://lenanelsondooley.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html
8) Can you tell us a little about your writing journey? When you started how long before you got published, what you found difficult, what you love, what is hard, etc.
After God told me to become a professional author, it took me 6 months to write the first novel, but it took me about 8 years to get it published. Then there were 10 years between the first and second book, but since 2002, I’ve had more than 25 book releases.
I’m not real fond of rejections, but I learned with each one I received and became a better writer.I’m not a patient person, and there’s a lot of waiting involved in the selling book proposals. I’m learning to be more patient all the time.
9) Is there any person who has been a strong influence in your Christian walk?
When you get to be my age, there have been many people who have influenced me. It would be hard to name them all.
10) If you could live in any time period when and where would that be and why?
I used to say that I had been born too late. I loved wearing long dresses. I even made me some before maxi dresses were in style in the late ‘70s. But I now know that God chose the time for me to live, and it is a perfect time for me.
11) If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
Australia. I fell in love with Australia long before it was chic to like Australia. I’ve read at least 300 books set in Australia. I may even write one set there.
12) If you could meet any person alive or dead who would that be and why? (excluding the Lord)
I’d love to sit down with George and Laura Bush and visit with them. But going back to biblical times, I’d love to know Esther.
Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico
By Lena Nelson Dooley
All that glitters is not gold.
It’s 1890, and Golden, New Mexico, is a booming mining town where men far outnumber women. So when an old wealthy miner named Philip Smith finds himself in need of a nursemaid, he places an ad for a mail-order bride—despite the protests of his friend Jeremiah. Hoping to escape a perilous situation back East, young Madeleine Mercer answers the ad and arrives in town under a cloud of suspicion. But just as she begins to win over Philip—and Jeremiah himself—the secrets she left behind threaten to follow her to Golden...and tarnish her reputation beyond redemption.
Lena Nelson Dooley is a multi-published, award-winning author who loves to mentor other authors. With her 25th book release, she has close to 650,000 books in print. Her latest release, Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico, went on sale May 1, 2010. Look for it bookstores everywhere.
Lena has spoken at conferences and writers’ meetings in four states. She also speaks at women's retreats and event of all kinds. She lives in Hurst, Texas with her husband of over 45 years.
Lena’s door and heart are always open to those God places in her path. She seriously considers her ministry as a mentor, prayer warrior, even a champion of the downtrodden, her life’s work
Be sure to leave your email address. Please check your junk mail on and the day after the drawing. I've had to redraw because of no responses. Subject box will have: winner of (book title). I'll email the winner and they'll have seven days to respond. If I don't hear back I'll draw another name. USA shipping only. Thanks so much and please stop back again! Drawing will be held Friday, September 14th.