Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review of The Blue Enchantress


Another chance to win M.L. Tyndall's The Blue Enchantress. Be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win this riveting story. Enjoy the review!



MaryLu Tyndall has a real gift for bringing characters to life and making you feel you know them in a deep and personal way. The Blue Enchantress is no exception. She has skillfully crafted believable characters--flawed like you an me. She doesn't sugar coat things but hands you life as it was in the 1700's. And does she know her time periods. You'll feel like you are there. MaryLu brings you along on stormy seas and deserted islands. If you've never sailed on a tall ship you'll feel like you have when you finish this book. Her descriptions are fabulous. Ever wonder what it would be like to be stranded on a deserted island? You'll know after reading the Blue Enchantress.

From the moment you start reading you will be riveted to the book as M.L. Tyndall begins Hope Westcott's story with the young woman on the auction block! The thing she does best is look for love in all the wrong places. This time it's in the arms of the not so chivalrous Lord Falkland. She is spurned by him and is shocked when she discovers the man is married. Don't fret, she is quickly rescued by Nathaniel Mason, an acquaintance who has admired her since they met in Charles Towne. Nathaniel, a man with his own problems, stumbles across her just in time, and begrdgingly buys her freedom. I won't tell you how because that was one of the most romantic things, even though he does resent the gallant act.


Nathaniel is a man of God but isn't listening to what God wants him to do with his life. Ashamed of his heritage, he thinks the way to prove himself is to become rich. Thrown together now until he can get her back home to Charles Towne, Mr. Mason struggles with his own feelings. A hurricane lands them on a deserted island where many more hardships are faced. And then things go from bad to worse when a pirate ship lands on the island. Nathaniel must now decide if he is willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice.


Love blossoms but not before God reveals some changes they both need to make in their lives. Will Nathaniel yield to God's calling on his life? Can Hope turn from her sordid ways? Discover the thrills, spiritual warfare, and romance in
The Blue Enchantress.

This book is a page-turner that you won't want to put down. Once again, MaryLu never disappoints!

16 comments:

  1. Every review of this book makes me more and more eager to read it! Please enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Stephanie. It is a great story. You can't help but like it. Good Luck on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to enter me, since I have already read this fabulous book. Just here to chime in and say "great review, Debbie Lynne!" My summer vacation this year was in the Caribbean, in teh pages of this high-seas adventure.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie Lynne! Great review. I've been following this book around the blogosphere. I love the time period and look forward to reading about Charleston. Please enter me in your drawing. Debraemarvin at yahoo. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks so intriguing. Love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fun book to follow Debra. MaryLu really did her research on the time period. She always does. That's another thing I love about her writing. I'll be entering your name good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about that was trying to edit the comment I made so I could tell Lauralee good luck and I deleted the whole comment. Touchy thing. ;-)

    I had my vacation there too Kathy!!! Wow we might have seen each other. ;-0

    Lauralee, this book is better than intriguing it is one of the best books out there IMO. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to win MaryLu's book. It's getting great reviews. Put my name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't need to be entered to win the book because I was blessed to read it as MaryLu's editor, but I just wanted to chime in. Fabulous, fabulous book, MaryLu—as usual. And Debbie, your review makes me want to read The Blue Enchantress all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Golden. Good Luck!

    Susan, My competitor for #1 MaryLu fan! It is a great book.It's one of those books that just doesn't last long enough because you can't put it down. I started one evening and finished it the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review Debbie Lynne. I'd love to be in the drawing for the book. Pirates and adventures on the high seas are always a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for Posting Marquardt. I agree Pirates and high seas make for great a great getaway! If you haven't read MaryLu's Pirate series they are fantastic reads! The Legacy Of the Kings Pirates Series, and the three books are The Redemption, The Reliance and the Restitution. Also The Blue Enchantress is book two in a trilogy. Book one is full of pirates too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found out about you from Linore Rose Burkard's newsletter, she was talking about her visit down the east coast and in SC, and that you lived in SC, so do I, I would love to win one of your books, I have e-mailed with Lynette Easton that lives in Spartanburg, which is about 35 miles from me.
    I am so pleased to find another SC author and will follow you on your blogs, love to read.

    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Edna,

    My hubby and son ran down to Spartanburg this past weekend! What do you write? I hope you win MaryLu's book it is terrific. THank you for checking out my blog and glad you will be following it!! I'll be having more book give aways too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish all of you could win MaryLu's book! It is wonderful. But if you don't I encourage you to go out and get it I promise you it is a super fun read!

    ReplyDelete