Monday, July 6, 2009

VBS


Just when I think life is going to slow down I'm wrong!

I thought aaahhhh summer is here and I can relax! LOL Now that was far from the truth. We just finished up our Vacation Bible School two weeks ago, which I was volunteered for by one of my lovely sons. I have to say that it was a lot of work but every minute was worth it. We saw thirteen children come to know the Lord! I don't think anything has blessed me as much as praying the sinners prayers with these young impressionable minds.

We are a small town 4600 people including rural. Our church sits on a corner (so to speak) and across one street is a large church and across the side street is an even larger church. Can you believe all three of the churches choose the same week for VBS? It's true and I know one of them used the same program as us. At first I was a little unsure of how good our turn out would be but God really blessed us. We had 42-46 children all week long. It was a wonderful week.

A few kudo's to send out.
Our pastor is a real hands on guy and he opened and closed each day with the children and had them so fired up! Our teens were an active part of VBS and I was proud of each one of them. We're a new and small church so their help was invaluable to the adults. Then there were the adults who gave of their time willingly. Our VBS was two and a half hours every evening and some of our adults came straight from work. The whole experience was great and a real blessing.


The last day we had an ice cream social with all kinds of homemade snacks, cotton candy and bounce houses.

I'd love to hear how some of your VBS weeks went.





No comments:

Post a Comment